Used 1999 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 121 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1999 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Honda outperforms similar Japanese Maker
By CJ

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I have owned a model year Nissan Altima, a Toyota Camry V6 and the Honda Accord. While I thought the Camry would be my favorite (the Altima was a disaster and traded within one year) after 4 years and 107,000 miles it was in need of serious mechanical attention and was traded. The Accord, however has 137,000 miles and has been the most reliable and required the least maintenance. In fact, it's only been in the shop twice over these past 8 years, once for ignition and once for clutch (just recently).

I have a spoiler, and the body style is still attractive and "current" after eight years.

Next time I'll go for the automatic with a V6.

Unbeatable reliability
By amchev

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new in January of 1999. In that time I've only done scheduled maintenance except for replacing the battery. 100% reliable transportation, everything works just like it did the day I drove it off the lot. It's not the most powerful or sporty car on the road and the newer models get better fuel economy but Honda has proven to me that they build reliable vehicles.

Reliability. It does what it's supposed to do when you need it.

Most of my suggestions have already been addressed since this car is 8 years old. Handling is mushy, but otherwise there isn't much to complain about.

Great Car
By Stacy

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

We have really enjoyed our reliable Honda. We have had a few minor electrical problems, like dash lights burning out, but, otherwise it has been great.

Japan built accords last longer!
By cer

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

i bought my accord used, the ulev edition, which is built in japan. the transmission is only now, at 199,000 miles, is starting to slip a little, mostly due to old tranny fluid. american built hondas are the ones that are giving the company a bad rap. you can't build a japanese product outside of japan, it just won't work. won't buy another honda because they majority are built in the u.s. now, but will never rule out buying a used one after researching where the car was built.

aftermarket accessories galore! can practically swap the entire car around. great standard engine and features.

none since they can't be made it's 2006 now!

Awesome Car
By Dan

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I've put 3000 miles on my 99 Accord ex 5 speed. I've filled it up probably 5 times. Get's great gas mileage. I usually take first gear all the way to 6K RPM, and I still get around 25 MPG in the city. If your planning on buying an Accord, go with the 5 speed manual. A manual is so much more fun to drive. Car is pretty quick off the line too for a 4 cylinder. The only problem I'm having right now is the timing belt. I hear a constant ticking in my engine. No major problems though. Trunk is the biggest I've ever seen. This car was def worth the MSRP of $23000 back in 99. Hondas last forever

Amazing powertrain. She should last til atleast 200k

Putting the audio controls on the steering wheel. Only offered with V6 EX models. Would have liked to see this feature in the 4 Cylinder EX models