Used 1999 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 169 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1999 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Ole reliable
By Sean

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

My parents bought me my old accord coupe when I got my license. At the time she had 170 thousand miles on her and ,As it says in the title she's reliable. I was never left stranded while I owned the car. just keep the oil changed and she got me where ever I wanted to go. The interior was comfortable and easy to see out of. My Honda had the v6 engine In it and it was an amazing engine. It had the best pick up go. But one draw back which was a big one, it was very rough shifting from first to second gear. But other than that it ran smoothly. I had the vehicle for three years. I drove her in rain and shine. And she did great in Both conditions. Also I drove her through a few light snows and she had great traction for an old fwd car. Besides oil changes, repairs were very minimal. I had to replace a window motor and the motor mounts. July 2015 was the end on my three years with black Betty. That when she was passed to my brother, with 212000 on her at the time. thats when I got my 2010 Ford Explorer. I love my new car but at times I miss the sporty little Honda.

Wish They Still Made Them Like This!
By momofboys3

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

In the summer of 2013, we purchased our '99 Honda Accord V6 Coupe for our teenage sons primarily to drive.
I drive it every chance I get.
The fit and finish of this car is superb:
Sunroof, leather upholstery, nice radio, leather wrapped steering wheel, upholstered door panels, very roomy backseat.
The condition of the interior and exterior is unbelievable....almost like new.
The car has 82,000 miles on it and drives like a sports car to a Mom used to driving minivans and stodgy sedans.
We plan to replace the timing belt soon and keep up on the maintenance.
Really hope to get another 82,000 miles on this, maybe more......

Sunroof, detailed stitching on leather upholstery Color of the car, it looks black but in the bright sun has a metallic maroon sparkle to it Shape and style of the exterior.....very sporty

I wouldn't change a thing

My First Car
By sblennis1

1999 Honda Accord LX V6 4dr Sedan

This was my first car, given to me by my step dad. I got it with about 180,000 miles on it. I drove it up until about 200,000. The transmission started acting up but we didnt think it was a big deal. Turned out the torque converter went bad and ruined the solenoids. Other than that issue, i had no other problems whatsoever. The car has been in an accident and all that happened was a bent hood and a scratched headlight cover. This car could take just about anything and i loved it. It was extremely comfortable to drive and had pretty good gas mileage. The motor ran strong and still does.

-power driver's seat -large trunk -reliable engine -comfortablity -interior space

-easier fix for dented rear fender -longer lasting cats

Been a great car
By usedlux

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

I owned this car for 10 years and loved it.
The transmission started to act up, so I am moving on.

Its a tank
By joe5hunter

1999 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I love this car its a tank it has taken abuse that any normal car would have crapped out and given up lol. I got this from my older brother who got it from my dad we have put 160,000 miles on this car and it runs!!!!! and runs good this thing could tell one hell of a story... I would recommend this car to anyone i love my honda it has never broken down or crapped out on me gas milage is great has original motor and trans we kept up on oil changes fluid changes and have had no problems normal wear and tear stuff but nothing major was replaced.

It wont quit lol it will be passed down to my sister next.

Ignition, catalytic converter