Used 1999 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 171 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1999 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Reliable Car
By gyori

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

I was looking to buy a reliable car. I did my research and the Accord seemed like a good bet. I was right. So far, the only problem I've had is the alternator went bad. I change the oil every 3K miles and the car performs well. The leather interior is very comfortable. The auto temp air conditioner is great and very cold. Unlike, most cars I've had, this car hasn't had the "little" problems (interior falling apart) that come with time. Everything is where it's supposed to be. The handling could be better, but it is a family sedan after all. Overall, I'm very happy with the car.

Interior comforts. Reliablity. V6- 200hp engine.

The stock sound system get a 3 on my 1- 10 scale. Fuel economy-17mpg.

Great car!
By Sam

1999 Honda Accord LX V6 2dr Coupe

Love my car, have had it now for 6 years. Only improvement I would make would be to increase space in the back seat!

Just a great car! Great gas mileage, love the moonroof

Need more passenger space in back...

Adequate
By ssright

1999 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I love Honda. This car is my third Honda. This car is pretty sharp looking, but it fails in performance and reliability. I have the 4-cyl and it is pretty slow in 1st and 2nd gears, a little better after 2nd, but not much. Auto Transmission WILL go out before 125,000 miles, no question. Car currently has 120k on it right now and i've rebuilt the transmission and when that didnt' work, put in a new one. Even the new Transmission shifts a little hard. Lastly, this may be an isolated incident, but my non-power seats have broken 3 times and won't lock into place, so the pass. just slides forward and backward while i drive. Over all nice car, Not as reliable as i'd hoped.

Great sunroof w/ no leaks. Cold air/hot heat. great radio. Couple looks really sharp compared to the sedan. HUGE trunk.

upgrade the horsepower. I put aftermarket Cold Air Intake and throttle body spacer and it helped some, but still inadequate. Make the back seat more accessible. Use a different factory transmission! Check out new Honda Factory Performance Accord in 04-05 models. now THAT is a good honda.

great reliable suprisingly quiet car
By p g

1999 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

this car has been very reliable. timing belt was the only major service done since 60K miles. It is quiet and nice with the right tires on it.

1999 Accord EX
By Topgun

1999 Honda Accord LX V6 4dr Sedan

Love the styling of the two door EX coupe but will never buy a two door again. Getting into the back seat is a chore. Transmission started acting up at 120k at that point the car was traded. Brakes on this car are total junk. The rotors warp which leads to vibration under braking. Interior quality is marginal. Overall, I enjoy driving the car and have never regretted getting the 4-cylinder engine.

overall styling, engine