Used 1999 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 120 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1999 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

99 Honda civic by bill
By geo will

1999 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Great car. Exhaust and brakes needed repair sooner than expected. Not the greatest vehicle for winter driving.

Great Car
By barra321

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I have had my Accord for several months now. I had a '87 w/ 190k miles Civic before. Honda is hands down the best car made today. Just keep up with the REQUIRED maintenence and you'll love this car for years and years.

Overall build quality. Comfortable and roomy. I'm a pretty big huy, 6ft 225lbs, and it is difficult for me to get comfortable in many cars. The Accord is a perfect fit. Mechanically sound.

Needs more power. Mine is a 5-speed, so it is peppier than auto Accords, but peppy is not fast.

What a blessing !!!
By Gary King

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

We are the original owners of this car. Our Accord has over 180,000 miles on it. I have changed the oil every 5000 miles and done all other normal maintenance myself. We took it into the dealership to have the timing belt replaced as spec. by Honda. Other than that this car has never needed anything but gas and someone in the drivers seat. This has been the most amazing vehicle. I agree with one of the other reviewers when they said "they got more than they paid for." Honda has made a believer out of me.

It just keeps going.

None.

Honda Accord- Good Buy
By Dene

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Good engine power: "a lot of get up & go"; classy interior; excellent gas mileage; nice size for traveling (room enough for 5 to travel); there have been a couple recalls i.e. driver seat adjusters; passenger side door lock has been occasionally not working with the power locks (must lock/unlock it manually); well-built car, the body of the car held up well in a fairly bad wreck; overall, I love the car and have very few complaints= excellent buy!

The interior is very elegant and well loaded- sunroof, power adjustments, plenty of cupholders, woodgrain & leather. Engine is well made. It has a lot of power! Easy maintenance & keep up. Wonderful to travel in.

As I said, there have been a few issues with the power locks and power adjustments. I think some of that could be fine tuned. Other than that I am quite pleased/

Great but too large
By Ysette

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used after my grandfather died. I would have never chosen a car this large, but in whole I am quite pleased with it. It is very well- built. Everything is solid and it rides well. It gives the driven a firm feel for the road which is important. The leather seats, while too large for me, are well-supporting and easily adjustable. The five-speed transmission shifts smoothly and offers a lot of fun acceleration. The air conditioning works well and doesn't draw too much power from the engine. The fuel economy, while not that of a Civic, is very respectible (~30 mi/gal for my driving). The especially enjoy the sunroof which is automatic.

Sunroof! Automatic everything (except transmission, of course).

Make the car smaller!! Otherwise, everything is great. I would love to see a car with all the luxury features of the Accord in the size of a Civic.