Used 1998 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 210 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1998 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Love this car
By Sold on Honda

1998 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

We are getting ready to pass down my 1998 Honda Accord 4 door LX to my 17yr old son. This car has been very reliable and still looks great. Haven't had any problems and only needed routine maintenance. We are probably going to be replacing it with a new Civic Coupe. Going to miss my Accord but feel good about passing this on to my son because I have a piece of mind that he will be driving a very reliable car.

Size (big enough for 4 adults), looks great, fuel economy

Gas cap release doesn't open gas cap far enough

Very Dependable and Durable
By AccordFever

1998 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car June 2007 with 153,000 miles. I was nervous buying a car with this many miles but the engine ran so smoothly a went ahead and bought it. I've used this car to drive to school and to deliver pizza in for the last 2 3/4 years and is now has 237,000 miles. I personally love this car and there are a lot of vehicles i wouldn't trade for it if they only had 70,000 miles. Rides very smoothly and still feels athletic with the VTEC V6. Everyone thinks its a piece of junk because its plagued with the peeling paint but i just laugh it off when their nice and shiny cars break down. Even with the high mileage it's still the best car I've owned.

V6...I'm a believer in buying the v6's because you keep your RPM's lower during acceleration (hopefully) Leather...has saved the day after some rainy outdoor concerts Sporty look for a 4 door sedan, I don't like the rounded newer models. Moon roof, Alloy wheels, steering wheel radio control

Transmission is beginning to shift a little harder but it does have 237,000 miles Starter went out at 200,000 miles due to constant use while delivering pizza. Paint job looks so bad I don't even wash it.

Miles of reliability
By 1998 Honda Accord

1998 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Accord right out of the show room in 98. I have a little under 300K miles and it never failed me. I am beginning to burn some oil and put in a quart every 1500 miles. Other than that, normal maintenance. Original tranny, motor, muffler. Starts in cold weather here in Boston, and had only to replace the o2 sensor about a year ago. I plan to keep driving her. I change oil every 3K and did all maintenance on her; I am planning on changing timing belt soon and maybe I can go well on my way to 400K miles.

reliability, gas mileage, comfort.

none

LX Coup w/ Spoiler
By Neil

1998 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

Bought this car pre-owned certified w/ 14k miles. Best car I have ever owned and sad to be selling at 140k. The design and handling of this car is excellent. I was in 3 accidents in this vehicle, two sideswipes at high speeds and in all cases this car performed excellently. Only 4 cylinders but pickup like an 8. Interior has to be one of best designed ever akin to 98 "luxury" models. Trans went at 75k out of warranty but after complaining, Honda picked up the cost of parts and I had to pay only for labor. Other than that, an ACE of a vehicle. Also, the 98 design w/spoiler is better than the 2010 coup design. Love this Car!!

so many: design, trunk space, rear seats fold down, comfort, leg room, no blind spots.

Really can't think of any!

Unhappy buyer
By Sanjay

1998 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Worst car Ive ever had. Problem after problem pretty much right off the lot. Transmission, engine mounts, wheel bearings (twice), suspension. I've plowed so much money into this car it makes me want to cry and I still feel it will easily break down on me on the highway etc. This has been the worst used car buying experience in my life. Next time I will go to Ford - I hear they are topnotch now. I don not recommend this car or Honda to anyone.

Can't think of any.

Fix your transmissions and get your act together, Honda. Suspension, wheel bearings, road and engine noise, vibrations and engine mounts.