Used 1998 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews - 52 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1998 Honda Accord Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

1998 Honda Accord 2dr v6 coupe
By donovan reddin

1998 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 2dr Coupe

I love this car. All the guys in my car club love my car. It is by far the best version of the honda accord to date.

i love the wood grain panels and luxury/sport feel of the car. the v6 engine only adds to its exceptional quality

it should have been ran true duals instead of a splitter near the back of the car

love it
By mmlorusso

1998 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

Bought it used in 03 with 66K miles. I have 211K miles currently. Still runs strong. Replaced timing belt at 110K and replaced starter at 190K. Still have the original clutch on the 5 speed manual. Leather has stayed like new throughout car except for one small spot in the driver's seat. I drive it daily to work 500 miles per week. I can almost do it with a full tank since I average 485 miles per tank. I think I average about 31mpg. With current prices for regular gas in CT at $4.26 my only dilemma is: Should I trade it in for a newer one?

Mileage, reliability and style

Better sound

Reliable and Fun
By Nic

1998 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 2dr Coupe

I bought my car used, at 100k miles five years ago. Since then my biggest expense has been a new transmission, but I attribute some of that to the first owner's treatment. My air conditioning went out at around 125k, but other than that, I have nothing but praise for this car. I know people who have 10yr old cars that are in the shop constantly. I still get compliments from people about it, them thinking it's brand new. The style is gorgeous and it's a nice bit of sportiness for a young single gal such as myself. Versatile, nice to take on pleasure trips due to the spaciousness and classy looking enough to take a client to lunch.

The EX coupe is sporty, handles well, spacious, and the V6 has surprising get-up-and-go

Plastic knobs for air conditioning controls are kind of flimsy; seat back pouches are really only held on by a couple screws, and can come loose. Quite a pain to fix.

I don't want to trade it.
By ACCORD

1998 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

Very reliable, 115,678 miles and counting. Cold a/c, passenger power lock needs repair.

With a full tank 463 miles!!! Moon roof

The paint... bad!!

It's a Ford, not Honda.
By P.

1998 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 2dr Coupe

I purchased new. For 9 years and 85K miles, I have had the following problems that were not covered by Honda: 1. CD player died at ~ 40K miles 2. Changed alternator at ~ 60K miles 3. Engine did not start on hot days. Stranded several times. Honda dealers could not fix this problem. An online article helped me to solve it by changing the main relay. 4. Not great fuel efficiency for Honda. I found out this is the problem with my car, 20 mpg highway and 15 mpg city.

Body style.