Used 1998 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 157 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1998 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

LAST HONDA
By Linda

1998 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

My first Honda was a Civic. Great car! This is my second Honda. Bad! I had to replace the transmission at 90,000 miles, and the catalytic converter also went out around the same time. In speaking with others who own this same car, everyone has had the same bad experience - transmission and catalytic converter. Of course, these problems happen when the car is no longer covered by warranty.

It is a very comfortable car, easy for a petite mom to maneuver, rides smooth, and is great on fuel economy.

Honda should compensate owners for these transmissions and replace the catalytic converters. Many owners now are stuck with vehicles that will not pass state inspections due to emission requirements.

Car Review
By jason803

1998 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in sept. 05 with 72K on it. So far i have had no real problems with the exception of the cd player keeps sayin P-EO to brand new cd's. the engine check light stays on a little longer than i like. Is this Normal?.. the paint is very easy to chip off took a chunk off with the nozzle at car wash.. Over all it has not let me down it took me cross country with no problems... It's a Honda ... Hope what say is true honda's last forever.

leather, V6, Speakers (sound good when cd player works), sporty look, got 220miles to half tank.

CD Player, Knob on right side of seat (no clue what it does)stronger paint

Great Car!
By Cheri

1998 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Before my Honda I had two Chevy Berettas. They were money guzzlers (over $8000 not including purchase cost!). The only money I've put into my Accord was for sway bar link and bearings (about $60 total) and a starter (about $150). I'll be spending about $500 more in a few weeks when the 105,000 maintainance comes up, but to me it's well worth it. My Accord has always been reliable (I bought it used 3.5 years ago), cost efficient, and great on gas! (I laugh at those pulling up to the filling station in Suburbans and pickups :D). I'm completely sold in imports thanks to this car. Thanks Honda!

Moonroof/sunroof, ergonomic placement of controls, roomy interior, interior/exterior design, reliability, cost efficiency, gas mileage.

Further reduce road noise, oil pressure and voltage gauges, brighter low-beams.

Disappointed
By Karl

1998 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This is my first Honda -- after owning a Nissan, Mazda and VW. I was expecting legendary reliability. Bought as a certified car with 40,000 miles on it. Now have 100,000. Not used to having things go wrong on the cars I own. Am probably spending in the neighborhood of $100 a month on repairs (seems like every 3-4 months it costs me about $300-$400). Probably won't buy a Honda again. My Nissans, Mazda's and VW's were much more reliable.

interior space, trunk space, back seat space, 4cylinder engine gives adequate power and good gas mileage

reliability

Excellent choice
By cl8855

1998 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

This was the first car I bought myself 7 years ago. Choices were things like the Nissan Maxima, Volkswagen Passat, Chevy Malibu and the Accord. Boy am I glad I chose this one. Reasons for purchase were #1 reliability, #2 fit and finish, #3 good pricing (cheaper than both Passat and Maxima). Over the years I have replaced only the tires and the brakes in 75000 miles. Not once have I had to bring it in to the shop for any reason other than standard maintenance. Plan on keeping this car for another 7 yrs/75000 miles for sure.

Reliability, fit/finish, good pickup even for 4 cyl.

Better gas mileage. Better positioning of seat belts in back seat (with Child seat in middle, hard to get at the seat belts on the side, even though there is room to sit.