Used 1998 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 160 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1998 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Winner!
By Mike in Albany

1998 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

A truly excellent car all the way around. Keep it maintained and you will be very, very pleased.

Reliability, V-Tec Engine, Smooth Ride, Acceleration. I love this car!

I expected better mileage

What Happened to Reliable Work?
By Christy Luper

1998 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

I love Honda's. My first car was a 89' Accord, and I drove that car all over the U.S. and it never broke down on me. That car looked great, but it was getting really old, so I went for a newer Honda, and bought a 1998 Honda Accord, I love my car. It has everything I want in it. My only disapointment is the poor paint job. The paint is fading on the top of the car from sitting in the sun all day while I'm at work. Honda used to be the best quality car out there, but I am very disapointed in the cheap paint. But the car still runs great. but it will eventually look like a piece of junk, and that's really upsetting to me.

It drives great and gets awesome mileage.

Better quality paint job.

Good car - Transmission Trouble
By Mike

1998 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for 7 years. It is the second Accord I have owned, I also have a 1994. Overall this is a very good car. It was the first model year that the Honda increased the size of the vehicle. The car has been trouble free except for the transmission. At 75000 miles it started to slip between first and second gear. The dealer wanted over $4000 to fix it. My wife called Honda customer service and firmly complained. They extended the warranty on the later years. After just one call Honda covered the transmission cost. My cost $200. I was pleasantly surprised after 7 yrs they fixed it for $200.

Reliability (yes even after the transmission problem) nothing has ever broken.

LAST HONDA
By Linda

1998 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

My first Honda was a Civic. Great car! This is my second Honda. Bad! I had to replace the transmission at 90,000 miles, and the catalytic converter also went out around the same time. In speaking with others who own this same car, everyone has had the same bad experience - transmission and catalytic converter. Of course, these problems happen when the car is no longer covered by warranty.

It is a very comfortable car, easy for a petite mom to maneuver, rides smooth, and is great on fuel economy.

Honda should compensate owners for these transmissions and replace the catalytic converters. Many owners now are stuck with vehicles that will not pass state inspections due to emission requirements.

Car Review
By jason803

1998 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in sept. 05 with 72K on it. So far i have had no real problems with the exception of the cd player keeps sayin P-EO to brand new cd's. the engine check light stays on a little longer than i like. Is this Normal?.. the paint is very easy to chip off took a chunk off with the nozzle at car wash.. Over all it has not let me down it took me cross country with no problems... It's a Honda ... Hope what say is true honda's last forever.

leather, V6, Speakers (sound good when cd player works), sporty look, got 220miles to half tank.

CD Player, Knob on right side of seat (no clue what it does)stronger paint