Used 1997 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 187 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1997 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

High mileage
By windshawne

1997 Honda Accord Special Edition 4dr Sedan

I bought the car in 2003-3 days after I bought it, I had to have the heads redone. Researching its history, I found the car had been abused, however, as of today, it has 199,500 miles on it and it's still as sound as the day I bought it. Just the past oil change it has started to use oil, so I need to investigate that. This has been the most reliable car I have ever had. When it finally dies, I will buy another one.

CD player-which has amazing sound, compared to others.

Defroster-all Hondas I have driven seem to have this issue-crack your window and it will be fine.

Good Car
By tim d

1997 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

My wife had one of these for her first new car. Very reliable, easy to maintain and drive. Mileage was 30MPG combined, which was exceptional. A few minor problems: clutch start interlock switch (fixed myself) and a/c condenser kept getting stopped up with leaves and spilling water on floor (dealer wanted $200 to install a screen to keep this from happening). Fairly fun to drive and reasonably fast for a basic car. We had the coupe, but should have spent the money on the sedan so we could get more use out of it after we had kids.

Extra-crisp 5 speed transmission (reminded me of the early Acura Legends). Low cost of operation. Large trunk, reasonably comfortable. Probably should have never gotten rid of this, it was a good car. Overall simplicity was a nice departure from today's cars. I wish my 07 Odyssey was this good.

Better power windows (too slow) and better engineered A/C system. Paint quality could have been better.

This my first car and I love it
By red97

1997 Honda Accord Special Edition 2dr Coupe

I love this car, it is so fun - it drives better than a Benz. The 4 cylinder is very fast and responsive. Great gas mileage. The only problems I've had so far is the front axles had to be replaced and the starter and solenoid, that's about it. The ac stinks but I got sun roof so it's all good and the seat belts are horrible they choke you but the seats are extremely comfy. Plus the trunk is very roomy. I once got three kids, two ice chests, 3 tents, 2 adults, a million blankets etc. and food in my car. Oh and tiki torches out the sun roof.

Sun roof. Performance. Gas mileage, style and quality.

door handles, window motors, and air

Running strong
By yixter

1997 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car in 03 with 68k now it is 183k and still going strong, about 80% of the miles are highway and I still got 31/32mpg overall according to the car's odometer. I carefully rated this car in the listed categories and won't say anything more. I had to replace a failed starter, front cv joints, changed the exhaust system and the tires 2 times, battery and a pair of front brake pads once, that is all. I recently bought a 09 accord new instead of trade in my 97 for $1000 I decided to keep it.

reliability, fuel economy

more supportive seats

Great Car
By CHK

1997 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

Bought the car in 2006 when it had about 150,000 miles - have made many trips from PA to NH and back with never a problem - this car has never let me down. It now has 215,000 miles, and I'm looking to take it to 300,000. The only service I've had to do is routine maintenance, and repairs that were a result of my own dumb mistakes. Great car!!! Looking to by buy another car in the next couple months - this one will be another Accord. Thanks, Honda.

Leather, moonroof, CD & tape, Great Honda Quality.

None.