Used 1996 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 132 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1996 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great Car
By Sayinala

1996 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I have bought from a private party, using for 5 years. I never had an issue. Runs great, love this model.

ABS, 6 CD changer, built-in Car Phone, Spacious, Moon/Sun sliding roof

Solid car, check the brakes!!
By Gregg

1996 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

These cars are all they are cracked up to be. Starts everytime. Change the oil and the engine will run 300,000+ miles. Do not be fooled into thinking you won't spend a dime on maintenence! Things do break like every other car. CV shafts, ball joints, brake rotors, etc. Which by the way, before buying this car (94-97 Accords) get the front rotors checked!! If they are bad (pulsation in the steering wheel) knock $400 right off the price of the car. Or ask that they be replaced before purchasing!

30+ MPG. Solid reliabilty.

They have already fixed it, but the ability change the rotors without removing the suspension.

Love It
By LR

1996 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new, and have had it for 11 years and 147000 miles. We've never had a day of trouble. It's required just basic maintenance. It still drives great and I don't worry about commuting in it.

Road handling is wonderful, now matter the weather.

I Miss Her
By Donna

1996 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

Bought my '96 brand new and never regretted it. In over 145K miles, only needed to replace alternator and plug wires. This car never failed to start, the fit and finish was excellent, and it was a solid, well built car. Some idiot decided to steal it, so I no longer have one, but I just wanted to let everyone know what a great car they are. Have not done the research, but I hope that the new ones have kept all the quality features of my '96.

Quality materials, fit and finish, and reliability, especially in Colorado rain and snow.

My only regret was the fact that it was rather a "plain vanilla" sort of car. Too many silver ones...I was always trying to get into someone else's in the parking lot!...Honda needs to revamp their car designs! New ones still look the same! Otherwise, no complaints at all.

Great car
By gmiami

1996 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I've owned this car for 6 years now and have about 87k miles on it. I have put the standard upkeep into the car such as brakes, a new muffler, air filter, and soon a new timing belt. The only recent problem has been the driver's side airbag needing to be replaced. I absolutely love this car - my previous one was a 1990 Taurus that needed two transmissions in ten years. I can get about 30 mpg on the highway with the ac cranked up. This car is comfortable and fun to drive. The dashboard is well layed out. I plan on owning this car for several more years before I move on to a newer model. What amazes me is that this car is 11 years old and does not look out of style.

Size - not as large as the newer models; gas mileage; reliability; overal design

None