Used 1996 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 132 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1996 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Starts Everytime
By OvchkinLine

1996 Honda Accord LX V6 4dr Sedan

I've had this car in my family going on 14 years now, bought it brand new in 96. She's going on 300,000KM by this spring, she's seen summers in 99 and the worst of Canadian winters in 01-02. I've done my best to baby her (oil changes every 5000Km, routine maintenance and a few new cheap Honda parts here and there). She's quicker then most cars on the road, drives incredible and cheap on gas. What more can you ask for in a car.

Speed, gas mileage, and reliability. Just knowing that in Canada's minus 35 degree snow storms she starts up warms and runs like a champ.

design, interior

She is Getting Old - Still Going Strong!
By Rachel

1996 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Honda Accord new in March 1996. She has been a great car and currently has 137,600 miles. Besides regular maintenance, I had to change the master cylinder at 115K miles, CV joints/boots at 125K miles, and the distributor at 137K miles. I have had a total of $800 (parts and labor) in repairs. I highly recommend Honda Accords as this is my second Accord. I sold my first Accord with 196K miles (which was still running fine when I sold it).

I really (really) like the body style. Gas mileage is good. I average 27 mpg (mixed city/highway).

Road noise is louder than I like, but I have been dealing with it for 13.5 years.

A worry-free car
By TJ

1996 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

When you get in your car, you should expect it to work. Also, with routine and preventative maintenance, you should expect NOTHING to go wrong with the car. My Honda has been running strong for 3 straight years. I changed out the plugs, hoses, added a new muffler and oxygen sensor and at 174,000 miles it is running perfectly. I will definitely buy another Honda when the time comes, but I plan to run mine into the ground.

Moon roof is flawless after 12 years

Make carjackers not want to steal them (only slightly kidding)

Honda Accord Reveiw
By Mohammad Ali

1996 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

My dad got this car in 1996 and this car has really proven itself. It is truly amazing and we have over 130,000 miles on it but it still runs like a dream. And it also keep it's retail value! This car is truly amazing!

I'm not sure which one of the many features are my favorite.

no improvements are needed.

Great Car!
By echri01

1996 Honda Accord LX 4dr Wagon

This is an economical car! Very reliable. Costs for repairs is expensive; suspension and steering was damaged prior to purchasing, costing over $2,500 in repairs if not more. Over all a wonderful, money saving car.Will never get rid of it. It's my 3rd Honda!

Sunroof, cruise control, automatic, wagon!

Cd player, mine always has an error! No matter how many times I took it to the dealership for repairs...