Used 1996 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 101 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1996 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

My Honda
By Fl Boi

1996 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought my Honda out of someone's yard for $3k and its the best $3k that I've spent. I've driven it everywhere. I like the get-up-and-go, however I do wish it had at least 30 more horses, and the front seats could be a little softer. Overall I can't complain I plan on having my Honda in my fleet for the foreseeable future.

Styling, low cost maintenance, and reliability

More power, and softer front seats

Had to Sell Her
By Rachel

1996 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Well, I was the only owner, and I had to sell her. I could not get the check engine light to stay off. I had the distributor changed, and that did not solve the problem. The code was P1382. The car was great until this problem came up. I finally got tired of trying to figure it out. I loved the design of this car, and I will miss her.

I loved the body style.

Road noise.

NOTHING but a worry
By Jenna

1996 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I've had nothing but problems. My dad bought this car for me 4 years ago from a woman that bought the car new. It currently has 127,000 miles and here are just a few of the problems. It takes forever to get the window to go up, often have the help push it up. Need a new muffler. Hesitates CONSTANTLY like its going to die, told it was the EGR (?) valve, paid to fix, still does it months later. Starter went out (normal, i guess?). ALL four signals do not work, went to mechanic and said fuses are good, so they need to run a diagnostic test for $90 for SIGNALS? Bizarre problems.

The steering wheel tilts. The windshield is gigantic. The outside is pretty decent for being such an old car.

Starts Everytime
By OvchkinLine

1996 Honda Accord Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

I've had this car in my family going on 14 years now, bought it brand new in 96. She's going on 300,000KM by this spring, she's seen summers in 99 and the worst of Canadian winters in 01-02. I've done my best to baby her (oil changes every 5000Km, routine maintenance and a few new cheap Honda parts here and there). She's quicker then most cars on the road, drives incredible and cheap on gas. What more can you ask for in a car.

Speed, gas mileage, and reliability. Just knowing that in Canada's minus 35 degree snow storms she starts up warms and runs like a champ.

design, interior

She is Getting Old - Still Going Strong!
By Rachel

1996 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Honda Accord new in March 1996. She has been a great car and currently has 137,600 miles. Besides regular maintenance, I had to change the master cylinder at 115K miles, CV joints/boots at 125K miles, and the distributor at 137K miles. I have had a total of $800 (parts and labor) in repairs. I highly recommend Honda Accords as this is my second Accord. I sold my first Accord with 196K miles (which was still running fine when I sold it).

I really (really) like the body style. Gas mileage is good. I average 27 mpg (mixed city/highway).

Road noise is louder than I like, but I have been dealing with it for 13.5 years.