Used 1996 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 132 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1996 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

For the Boy
By Regina Wilson

1996 Honda Accord 25th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

This was the best used car I ever purchased! I helped my son buy this car for himself after he graduated from high school in 2011. Everybody in the family drove the car to and fro before he even started to drive it, and we had a ball! This car was great on gas. My son and husband even put a new radio in the car with help from YouTube. That made a big difference in the sound quality. The only thing he didn't like about the car that this was an anniversary edition, and the windows were manual (exercise for those biceps).

In October 2014, my son was cut off by another driver and hit someone. The car was totaled with 176,000. I wish that we still had that car the way gas prices are.

I would recommend this car to new drivers and folks who do not drive a lot. It is worth it. You can get your maintenance done at a neighborhood shop or DIY.

ol betsy will get you there
By aaevans

1996 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

door bolts not real sturdy

Many many miles 325K
By jdwebb

1996 Honda Accord 25th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

I bought car8 years ago for daughter to have basic transportation in Chicago. She did not have place to park it so I started driving it. Bought for $200 with 218K in almost perfect running condition. Drove it to 325K with regular maintenance. Only oddity was the computer died. Had it rebuilt for $400 and drove it on. Sold it to high school student who is still driving it and still looks good. Other cars I have are Lexus, but if they go half the distance they will be considered a good car. Acccords of that era with under 200k are probably a great second car

1996 Honda Accord
By zto101

1996 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

My parents got this for me from my great aunt who wasn't using the car anymore. The paint was in beaten up condition, but the car itself drives great! Minor maintenance issues, I just have to change the oil every once in awhile. I recently got a paint job from black to white and it looks just like new. It's one of those cars that has versatility. I've driven to a lot of places with it, LA, Riverside, etc. and it only takes about 1/4 of the gas tank if I'm going on a 2 hour long drive both ways. Decent speed as well, not too fast and not too slow. It gets me to where I need to go, and definitely gets the job done. I could care less if it's not fancy. And no, it's not riced up. Great car!

best car I have owned
By arner

I have 427,000 miles on the Accord and have
not had any major problems. I change oil at
7000 miles and use whatever I can find on sale.
This car is a keeper.

The cruise control is not sensitive enough to keep the car from speeding up after cresting a hill. Usually gains 3 or 4 mph before backing off. Other Hondas I have had did the same. Engine light comes on, and when checked, nothing is wrong and light does not come on again for 6 months