Used 1996 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 132 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1996 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

'96 Honda
By 96 honda

1996 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Honda in Aug 1995. I have close to 186,000 miles. It has been a reliable vehicle, but of course now that it has more miles on it, it is starting to cost a pretty penny for repairs. I had problems with the power windows and locks after about 5 years of ownership. I've had more problems in the past 2 years with the high mileage. I've replaced the radiator, axles, oxygen sensor and a list of other things. My paint has worn and I was told that it is a paint defect. I know other people with the green car with the same problem. I can't complain because I've had the car for almost 12 years with no major problems.

More standard features. Other auto makers are including more than just a radio and clock.

great car
By marquis784

1996 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Purchased car new and have little to no major mechanical problems with it. Extrememly satisfied with this car. Great gas mileage both intercity/highway. Great pick up with only the V4 option. Would consider purchasing this car again. Reliability is tops! Highly recommended. You definately get more than your money's worth with this car. Still runniing in good condition long after the payments have ended!

Second Times a Charm
By myhond

1996 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

This is actually my second Accord.I love the way this car performs and handles. All the controls are in the right place and the interior is in impeccable condition for a pre-owned vehicle. Gas mileage is great. Although it still doesn't have the same performance as my 2000 which I loved, it still comes in a very close second. The VTEC moves out when you mash on it effortlessly even with the automatic. And the ABS stops on a dime. After keeping it a for a few more years, I'm gonna get yet another Accord.

Sunroof, power height adjustment, alloy rims, VTEC engine, and ABS.

The speakers in the rear will be replaced soon,not enough bass. Leather should have been standard on all EX models

Nothing But Problems
By Kristie

1996 Honda Accord 25th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car on 3/7/07, with 111,777 miles on it. The carfax report indicated that this was a one-owner car. At 111,972 miles I needed to have the following parts put on the car: front brake pads, rotors and wheel bearings $458.00, rear disc brake pads and rotors $139.40, left front CV shaft assembly $161.90, replacement of complete exhaust from catalytic converter back $398.54. As of today, 4/13/07, the alternator went out, add another $376.00 for the part (if you want one with a reasonable/and/or lifetime warranty). Also, I guess some type of pump has gone out because the windshield washer fluid doesn't work. Worst car I've ever owned.

The Sony CD player.

Accord beats Passat
By Accord Wagoneer

1996 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

When my 2002 VW Passat wagon was diagnosed with over $3000 in repairs for bad components such as starter, wiring to accessories, suspension, etc. I sold it at a huge loss and found a ‘96 Accord Wagon with 79k miles on it. It is such a superior car in reliability and ease to service, there is little to compare. I have two 96 Accords now, they are amazingly reliable, and 11 years on these cars is nothing – they are lively, cheap to own, safe, and fun. I regularly get 25-30 mpg, they start in any weather, owners can service most components, and the web forums are very popular and informative. Pick one of these cars up, they are young at 150k, you can’t go wrong at the prices they go for now.

Reliability, ease of service, mileage and strong 4 cylinder engine.

They got it right with this car. I just wish Honda would bring the Wagons back to the US -the rest of the world has them.