Used 1995 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 121 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1995 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Sad Day For Me!
By djohns

1995 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

I purchased this '95 in 1998 with 35k miles on it. Today (2/13/08)is my final day of ownership (going to the salvage yard) 205k miles and the timing belt/water pump came apart while wife was driving full road speed, so the valves are probably bent/shot. I had replaced timing belt and pump at 160k, so they failed before their time! Car value not worth fixing the damage, plus other things were needing repair also. Loved the car!

Stereo system great! Leather great! Sunroof great! V6 great!

Like others have commented, slow window, especially driver side. Rust over the rear wheels. No overdrive gear on mine, so MPG not as good as it could have been. Retractable antenna stopped working.

Great Honda
By lovemy95

1995 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

This was the first Honda I have owned and my next car will be a Honda as well. My car has 251000+ miles and I have never had any major problems with it. I have had to replace the CV joints and get a new exhaust but that goes with the high mileage. I have kept the maintence up to date since I have owned this car and has been great for me!

Automatic windows are very slow to roll up! The driver's door only locks when it is shut

Excellent Vehicle
By El-Duro

1995 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car when it was 2 yrs old and had it for almost ten years. Very reliable. During my first two years the only things I had to change were the muffler and the battery. Other than regular scheduled maintenance and normal wear I only had to change the radiator ,the axle and a couple of hoses. Great overall vehicle, looking forward to my new 2008 accord

Awesome Honda
By Noreen

1995 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Honda Accords have a peculiar automatic transmission that can get be jerky until warm but like Toyota cars they are extremely reliable and last longer than we do. Mine is so fun to drive! I put Enkei racing rims and Yokohama performance wheels on it and Wow! What a sassy, good-looking classy, comfortable, well put together car. I feel very safe in it too. I can not say enough good things about it or Hondas.

Quality of color, body style and upholstery, dash and console design

Smoother tranny, no 4 cyl only 6cyl Vtec, a car this sporty deserves more guts.

Never stranded for 10 years
By Pete

1995 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

Bought as certified Honda with 35k miles. This Accord wagon has never left me stranded. It always started with the exception of one time in the driveway due to an old battery that was defective. I perform regular maintenance, 7.5k mi synthetic oil, 90k timing belts/Water pump, 30k transmission service Honda Z1 ATF, regular brake and other fluid changes. Car runs like new. In the past 3 years have replaced both CV axles (Boots cracked), exterior drive belts (were original), ABS reservoir (leaking seal) and HVAC Evaporator. Also over 10 years replaced two sets of tires and two sets of brake pads and two batteries. Have CD changer and put 4 new 4-way Pioneer TS-A1682R stereo speakers.

Good fuel economy 22-25 MPG with ability to transport 5 people or many items in the back of the wagon. Stereo is excellent again with upgraded speakers and all options work after 12 years.

Higher capacity HVAC. AC is a little weak in very hot days with full load of people although this may be due to the need for the after market window tinting needing to be redone. Better factory window tinting.