Used 1994 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 100 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1994 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

never dies
By UberRealiable

1994 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Bought car with 204k. All parts seemed to be original, except radiator and timing belt. Car now has 220k on it and has been treated to a new clutch slave master cylinder to keep the pollution low in the driveway. New muffler at 215k replaced honda factory equipment. I know of at least 10 I have seen from this year which have exceeded 200k. Heard of a guy with over a million on his '94. Overall I am very impressed with this car. Even with the little 4 cylinder engine, just as reliable as Ford Triton V-10

5 speed manual. Nothing like a Honda manual transmissions from this corporation who is one of the leaders in engine drivetrains

Skinny little tires. I wished the tires on the car were wider than they are, but that is my only complaint.

Feel bad when bought , no regret now
By Sarar

1994 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Bought in Sep 1999, manual has 85K and in 6 years put 100K on it. Still running great. Wish to drive another 70K and make it 250,000 even without working on clutch work.

Smooth in driving, dependebility.

Good vehicle to last a long time
By LovenHate

1994 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

A good all around car with little improvement. A much better design than the 93 accord. Looks newer than it really is.

The comfortable leather seats and interior design. Also, the moonroof is a major plus. Huge trunk space!

The only thing i think that should be improved is the sloppy automatic transmission, because its not a very strong built for the power that the vehicle has. Also i would have expected a little better fuel conomy than 20-23 mpg highway

Perfect car in every sense of the word
By Liz

1994 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in August of last year with 135k. I've had some problems out of it (clutch repair, timing belt, oil gasket leak), but nothing unexpected of an 11 year old car. The car is absolutely the most fun car I've ever driven. I have the 4 cyl with a manual tranny, and it's got some serious pickup. I find myself out accelerating a lot of other cars at red lights. THis car is fantastic on long trips (seating is somewhat uncomfortable after a while) and runs so smoothly. The handling alone is worth the buy. I've had this car on the ice and snow, and it's performed beautifully!

Styling, handling, simplicity of the interior design, accessibility of things on interior, good headroom, AWESOME SPEAKERS!, tight steering, lots of window space, smooth ride, great on ice and snow

A/C is a little weak at times. I had an 89 civic with 225k, and that clutch lasted a lot longer than this one (170k). Seats are a bit uncomfortable on long trips, and I wish cruise were standard (no cruise in my car). Otherwise, the car is phenominal!

Maximize your dollar with Honda!
By Jack

1994 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This was the first Honda my family owned. My dad needed something to last long miles for his 60 mile one-way commute to work (all highway). He couldn't believe how much he got out of it by just doing oil changes and basic maintenance (rotating tires, fluid levels, etc.). I inherited the car during college (6 hours away) at 150,000 miles. That car went back and forth from Ohio to Illinois, to FL for a spring break, to New England for a summer, and got me through grad school for 2 years in Chicago...and it's still going at 269K miles!! Now I have to part with it since I don't need it living in the city. Do the preventive maintenance and Honda will take care of you! Excellent vehicle.

This car has some get-up-and-go when it needs it. My friends thought I had a V6. With the automatic you could squeak the tires from a stand still. Excellent styling inside and out - sporty look. Plus the cabin has good functional desgin.

The only complaint is the seat comfort. On long trips (in excess of a few hours) my back began to hurt with those bucket-style seats. The new design (1999 on) doesn't have that problem, but 1994-1997 model years seem to.