Used 1994 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 138 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1994 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great overall car
By Accord_guy

1994 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I've had this car since 2002, six years later and still have had no problems with it. I drive in the city, as well as long 400 mile trips. Car looks great, gets 35 mpg on the highway, 29 combined. It now has 210,000 miles and still runs strong and reliable. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Sun roof, power everything, 145hp v- tec engine.

Could use more comfy seats, gear box isn't the smoothest but is bullet proof.

One of the best cars ever!
By richard

1994 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I just bought a 94 Accord ex from my Buddy for $600 it came to around $750ish with title fees and whatnot, the car has 188k and runs like it's brand new, I need need to do minor work to make this car purrfect, I order new headers cause 14+ year old headers are rusted and make a funny noise. I just bought new headlights, spark plugs, & a fuel filter one I get those installed I plan on keeping this car running for another 100k

V_TEC w/ a 5speed. all I'm saying is 5th gear cruising at 1,500 rpm getting about 40+ MPG beat that hybrids

Keep up the good work Honda!

Great car. I love it.and the civic 2
By I Gotta Need 4 Speed

1994 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

So I have this car a couple of months ago and that car is great, is fast, is sexy, and everything else. Someone hit it in the front I cry for it, the guy thought that I was injured. But I still have it. I'm going to make it nicer and faster now. Is red I'm going to drop it a couple of inch to the floor... Everyone like my car everywhere I stop people ask me how much I want for it... But too bad is not for sale... LOL....

radio, transmission, handle, lights. pretty much everything.

suspensions (stock), ECU (unlock the speed in the car), more security i got my sub stolen

Really Nice - Not Great - One Sour Note
By ChiliMac

1994 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Purchased new in 1993 - the first off of the lot. As of March, 2008 it has 136,000 on it - almost all city with a once-a-year or so long highway trip. Mileage VG 27 city, 30+ highway. Have replaced radiator (2x), starter (2x), CV half shafts, clutch slave and master cylinders, misc. relays, etc. Mechanically, it's never really let me down. My complaint is the paint -- the dreaded Honda clear-coat paint failure hit. It looks like C*!%. Roof, trunk, hood, etc. Honda won't cover any of it ("...normal wear and tear..."). So I'm supposed to justify $500-to-$1,000 for new paint on a car that's now worth $2,500. Despite my satisfaction otherwise, I don't plan on buying another Honda.

City and highway performance. Smooth, quiet, agile, relatively quick, fun to cut curves with. Easy to drive 12-to- 14 hours without getting too tired. Reasonably reliable. I really like the size, lines, styling. The new ones (200*) are too big and look like a Japanese take on an Oldsmobile.

If Honda wants me and everyone I know as a customer in the future, they must do a better job on the quality of their paint. It just isn't right to have paint fail like it has on mine and tens of thousands of other cars (Google it).

An Absolute Champion
By dx_rocks

1994 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

I love this car. First off, my history with it is important. It got me through high school and college, as well as six years delivering pizzas during that time. I treated my car about as bad as one could within reason. I was late with my maintenance, drove only 3 miles to school every day in Minnesota weather, and delivered pizzas, which is about as stop/go as it gets. It now has 220,000 on it and has barely had anything wrong with it. Given how poorly I've treated it, it's a wonder it's made it this far. I don't think I could get rid of it unless it started giving me persistent problems or something really expensive occurred. It still runs great though, so who knows how long it'll be.

Still gets great mileage (26-37, depending on conditions), Still rides smooth and runs great. A/C still works. Pretty fun to drive, and the manual shifter feels great to this day. Comfortable for everyone. Good style, not outdated. No creaks or clicks. GREAT in snow! Can beat it up if I want

Cup-holders please. It is a DX, so lack of cruise can get annoying. Some of those other features too. A little bit loud engine noise... I'm being picky. This car is GREAT. If you can get a well maintained one, don't hesitate. It might run longer than you want it to.