Used 1994 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 100 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1994 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Really Nice - Not Great - One Sour Note
By ChiliMac

1994 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Purchased new in 1993 - the first off of the lot. As of March, 2008 it has 136,000 on it - almost all city with a once-a-year or so long highway trip. Mileage VG 27 city, 30+ highway. Have replaced radiator (2x), starter (2x), CV half shafts, clutch slave and master cylinders, misc. relays, etc. Mechanically, it's never really let me down. My complaint is the paint -- the dreaded Honda clear-coat paint failure hit. It looks like C*!%. Roof, trunk, hood, etc. Honda won't cover any of it ("...normal wear and tear..."). So I'm supposed to justify $500-to-$1,000 for new paint on a car that's now worth $2,500. Despite my satisfaction otherwise, I don't plan on buying another Honda.

City and highway performance. Smooth, quiet, agile, relatively quick, fun to cut curves with. Easy to drive 12-to- 14 hours without getting too tired. Reasonably reliable. I really like the size, lines, styling. The new ones (200*) are too big and look like a Japanese take on an Oldsmobile.

If Honda wants me and everyone I know as a customer in the future, they must do a better job on the quality of their paint. It just isn't right to have paint fail like it has on mine and tens of thousands of other cars (Google it).

An Absolute Champion
By dx_rocks

1994 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I love this car. First off, my history with it is important. It got me through high school and college, as well as six years delivering pizzas during that time. I treated my car about as bad as one could within reason. I was late with my maintenance, drove only 3 miles to school every day in Minnesota weather, and delivered pizzas, which is about as stop/go as it gets. It now has 220,000 on it and has barely had anything wrong with it. Given how poorly I've treated it, it's a wonder it's made it this far. I don't think I could get rid of it unless it started giving me persistent problems or something really expensive occurred. It still runs great though, so who knows how long it'll be.

Still gets great mileage (26-37, depending on conditions), Still rides smooth and runs great. A/C still works. Pretty fun to drive, and the manual shifter feels great to this day. Comfortable for everyone. Good style, not outdated. No creaks or clicks. GREAT in snow! Can beat it up if I want

Cup-holders please. It is a DX, so lack of cruise can get annoying. Some of those other features too. A little bit loud engine noise... I'm being picky. This car is GREAT. If you can get a well maintained one, don't hesitate. It might run longer than you want it to.

It ain't no old lady
By beanpole

1994 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Don't hate! This is probably the best car ever! One of the last Accords made-in and imported from Japan. After all these years, it still taunts most other vehicles on the road. Agile and spry. The least wiggle room on a busy highway just makes this 'jackrabbit' more fun! During the last 13yrs. of ownership, this Honda had only one major repair and was my fault for not heeding factory recall of 'front seal.' Time lapsed and I paid! It was a good opportunity to replace the timing belt, all seals and other rubber parts. Texas climate probably would have worn 'em out soon enough. Last week, it needed a $240 ignition switch. Ooh! Still gets 25-30mpg and rockets to 110mph. Who needs a hybrid?

great car, couldn't ask for more
By weiland03

1994 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

bought the car with 140,000 from a good friend. her mom had bought it brand new off the truck in 94, still runs and drives like a new car, tons better than the ford thunderbird it replaced!

gas mileage, easy to maintain

passenger window regulator sticks and the odd way you have to lock it with the door open

Best front wheel drive Sedan
By Alex

1994 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

So far I've owned this car for over 3 years, and still have no major problems. I guess it's because i owned a troublesome 99 Ford Contour before this... good riddance! The Accord was number one in the FWD sedan category back in the days and can still be if modified correctly. Even though the stock engine makes almost no power, i managed to swap it with a 200hp DOHC prelude engine with a 5 speed, added a better sport-tuned suspension, upgraded brakes, and still didn't manage to break my bank account. Compared to the flabby ride it once was (still a lot better than other sedans back in its days) it's now a quick, maneuverable sports sedan! There's tons of after-market support for this car!

Light-weight for its size, sleek, athletic texture/form, Prelude engine compatible, easy to maintain, very fun to drive if modified, fairly roomy, lots of after-market support!

Make RWD Accords!!! More power and torque without sacrificing gas mileage and emission rating! Quieter engines. Make moon-roof tilt.