Used 1994 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 138 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1994 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Maximize your dollar with Honda!
By Jack

1994 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

This was the first Honda my family owned. My dad needed something to last long miles for his 60 mile one-way commute to work (all highway). He couldn't believe how much he got out of it by just doing oil changes and basic maintenance (rotating tires, fluid levels, etc.). I inherited the car during college (6 hours away) at 150,000 miles. That car went back and forth from Ohio to Illinois, to FL for a spring break, to New England for a summer, and got me through grad school for 2 years in Chicago...and it's still going at 269K miles!! Now I have to part with it since I don't need it living in the city. Do the preventive maintenance and Honda will take care of you! Excellent vehicle.

This car has some get-up-and-go when it needs it. My friends thought I had a V6. With the automatic you could squeak the tires from a stand still. Excellent styling inside and out - sporty look. Plus the cabin has good functional desgin.

The only complaint is the seat comfort. On long trips (in excess of a few hours) my back began to hurt with those bucket-style seats. The new design (1999 on) doesn't have that problem, but 1994-1997 model years seem to.

Best Chioce
By PSU student

1994 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

11 years old and still strong! This is my first car and I've owned it for nearly six years. I've been beating the hell out of this car since high school and it never breaks. Got it with 60K and now with 140K it still runs 100%. With a 5-sp manual and the EX's V-Tec system you can really get exciting performance from this car; however, if you're looking for a fun/fast performer don't get an automatic. I still get 30+ MPG on the highway at 80+ MPH. Other than replacing the master clutch cylender at 70K, only routine maintenance.

V-Tec, 5SP, Moon Roof, surprisingly good stock speakers, 30+ MPG.

If looking for performance, swap the 195/60/15 Michelin MXV4's for a set of 205/55/15 V-rated Michelin Pilots. These tires made my Accord handle like a BMW. Get an aftermarket stereo - but you can keep the stock speakers.

We Loved this 94 Accord!
By Rick

1994 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

It was a great driving vehicle, handled curves very well. On highway (manual) we got 35 mph, about 30 mph city. Used cruise a lot too. Started out with this car in San Diego and drove all over CA & AZ (94-98). Then took it to Italy with us (98-02) where it went all over Italy & parts of Europe; so reliable we didn't have to worry about it breaking down in little towns and hills of Europe. Returned to States in VA where teenager promptly totaled it along with his dad's Mustang. My brother wanted to sell me 99 Toyota Camry so he could buy something else. Camry just not the driving car the Accord is. I would buy another Honda in a heartbeat!

Big trunk, good cupholders, responsive 4cyl 16 valve engine with manual.

Used 4ways often when slowing for slowed/stopped traffic; 4ways seemed to be in awkward location.

very pleased
By xrs54

1994 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

this car is great! has not had any major(or minor for that matter) problems. had the car since february 2003 and had only had to take it in for a hood cable. it gets good gas mileage and has good acceleration when you need it. going to and from school can be long at times, but the seats are confortable. this is a very reliable car and am looking forward to it getting me through college.

gas mileage, suprised at the amount of acceleration, exterior design, comfortable seats, leg room, trunk space

can't think of any, seriously, i've been siting here for 20 mins. trying to think of something wrong with the car but can't

Car of the Year 1994
By Cronyn

1994 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

My car has lived up to its billing as the Car of the Year 1994. I have had minimal mechanical and car related problems while enjoying a classic car with wonderfully designed exterior features and adequately crafted interior features. My son is looking forward to retro-fitting this car to bring it back to a hotter styling but keep the same sporty and functional looks it was created with.

Exterior design

Seating is a little stiff and could use a tad more cushioning and support.