Used 1994 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 138 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1994 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

The best car I've ever owned
By Wij

1994 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

The car has never dissapointed me, or let me down. It is so comfortable, on long drives you dont feel like stopping. The car should have come with wider wheels and more HP for a 2.2 liter. But other than that, the interior and exterior build quality is fantastic. The problem is I would like to buy a newer Accord, but I cant seem to let this go as it seems more sturdy!

Interior space in the coupe. Comfortable and sturdy seats.

More HP, wider stock wheels.

Good vehicle to last a long time
By LovenHate

1994 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

A good all around car with little improvement. A much better design than the 93 accord. Looks newer than it really is.

The comfortable leather seats and interior design. Also, the moonroof is a major plus. Huge trunk space!

The only thing i think that should be improved is the sloppy automatic transmission, because its not a very strong built for the power that the vehicle has. Also i would have expected a little better fuel conomy than 20-23 mpg highway

Last of a dying breed
By Lee

1994 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

This year model Accord is much better built than 1998-2002 body styles. I hope the latest rendition of the Accord goes back to their excellent build quality and premium interior materials. I bought this car used with 60,000 miles and have put over 100,000 (now reads 168,000) miles on it. I have used and abused this poor baby and it still treats me right. It's starting to show some wear and tear with using oil regularly, but what could I expect? Not many flaws with this Japanese masterpiece, other than one faulty oil seal leak. I would probably buy a new one if they are still made this good. Trust me: believe the hype! This is a great vehicle.

Great ride quality! Good handling and good gas mileage! Great air conditioning

A little better insulation around window seals and higher gear ratio for highway driving

Perfect car in every sense of the word
By Liz

1994 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in August of last year with 135k. I've had some problems out of it (clutch repair, timing belt, oil gasket leak), but nothing unexpected of an 11 year old car. The car is absolutely the most fun car I've ever driven. I have the 4 cyl with a manual tranny, and it's got some serious pickup. I find myself out accelerating a lot of other cars at red lights. THis car is fantastic on long trips (seating is somewhat uncomfortable after a while) and runs so smoothly. The handling alone is worth the buy. I've had this car on the ice and snow, and it's performed beautifully!

Styling, handling, simplicity of the interior design, accessibility of things on interior, good headroom, AWESOME SPEAKERS!, tight steering, lots of window space, smooth ride, great on ice and snow

A/C is a little weak at times. I had an 89 civic with 225k, and that clutch lasted a lot longer than this one (170k). Seats are a bit uncomfortable on long trips, and I wish cruise were standard (no cruise in my car). Otherwise, the car is phenominal!

Lovin my "new" car!
By 94accord_lover

1994 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

This is my first car, and i'm really enjoying it. My uncle was the previous owner, and he treated it like it was his own child. 11 years old and only 71K miles! He has had nothing but good to say about the car and so far neither do I. Never been in shop besides routine fluid and filter changes. The gas mileage has been rather good, averaging 31 mpg, but got 38 mpg (!!!!) on a 120 mile round trip. Love the handling. Everything feels so solid, like it will hold up for another 20 years. Design inside and out don't look like 11 year old design. Looks as modern as it did in 94. Great job, Honda!!

Comfort on long trips (dead pedal in perfect place, and supportive seats), interior ergonomics, reliability, handling, smooth-shifting auto tranny, modern styling, relative roominess, great in winter driving, good power and fuel econ., large fuel tank (17 gal.) means long time between fillups.

ABS should've been standard (mine doesn't have it), opt. moonroof on LX, keyless entry would've been nice, other than that, not much else.