Used 1993 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 116 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1993 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Car shuts off randomly while driving....
By K

1993 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I got this Honda from a Honda dealer and friend who sold it to me with no problems, it passed inspection and everything else with flying colors. I should also mention the engine had only 113,000 miles on it when I got it, this is considered "just breaking it in" for a Honda. I had the belts replaced, regular oil changes and tune-ups, this car was looked after, but keep reading...it all started when the car began to have a hard time maintaining a charge after it was started up, so we got it a new Battery, fine for a while...then, it shut off on the highway twice, Im glad I walked away from both. In addition to the stalling, it had problems in the winter too, but it gets worse....

A lot of fun to drive when it works, comfortable seats, good on gas

After the stalling and shutting off on the highway, the transmission began to struggle, and now it can hardly pull the car along. Windows and trunk leak, forget if it rains. After only a year and the 2-3,000 miles I put on it, the vehicle is now too dangerous to drive, dont get if you have kids.

Can't complain #2
By Randy Z

1993 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I now have 324,000 miles on my EX Automatic Accord. Since my last review I have put on 100,000 miles. my repairs: new tires, antenna inside replaced,break pads, front window from rock chips, valve cover gasket. I still drive it fast, handles well, and will write again my next 100,000 miles..No car payments for more years to come, YEA!!

Handles well at high speeds, with michelin tires, lane changes is a snap, I feel safe..car looks good waxed up!

if any, a v-tec 2005 accord engine...

great car
By Wendy M

1993 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 83000 miles in 2004 from a friend and had a full paint job and service, its a beautiful pearlized green. One year later I'm still getting offers for up to $5000. Wouldn't part with it for anything. It runs great and look great. love this car!

sun roof and front spoiler with fog lamps.

Dependable
By 1989 Mark 7

1993 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan

Love my car. (Yes I do own a lot of cars) Very dependable, nearly 181,000 miles on the odometer. Over these past 12 years I've replaced my timing-belt ($310 bucks!!!!!) Moonroof motor ($799.99!!!!) But she's running strong.

Four Cylinder power!!!

none

honda
By jeff

1993 Honda Accord DX 2dr Coupe

great dependable fun fuel efficent car.lasts 200,000 plus miles if you do your maintenance on time and keep it done thrughout the life of the car.also dont modify engine for this 200,000 plus mile to happen.most ones i checked at salvage yard had closer to 300,000 miles.this is a good way to do your on evaulation of dependibility.

2.2 liter eng