Used 1993 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 116 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1993 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Outstanding car
By nk

1993 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I have had this for the past 13 years, and it had been the most reliable piece of equipment I ever owned. For a 4-cyl, it provides unbelievable acceleration and all the power options have been working well to date.

Dash, Speaker system

seating is too low

BEST USED CAR TO BUY
By John

1993 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I can't believe how good these cars are. I bought a used one with 190,000 miles on it. Everyone thought I was crazy to pay $3500 for it but let me tell you. Now I have 250K on the car and IT STILL RUNS LIKE NEW. I will never sell this car, Cheap on gas, but you do have to fix few common problems every now and then. CV axes, radiator, speed sensor, and oxygen sensor. THAT's it. And only every 60K or so... not bad. So don't just keep reading this, go and buy one. You will love it.

Body style is great.

Hate that they changed body style. I love this one the most.

Big Disappointment
By Paul

1993 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan

Reasonably comfortable. Fairly quiet. Not much fun to drive. Very expensive to own. It gets 19/24 mpg. This for a 2.2 4-cylinder is ridiculous. Parts for this car are surprisingly costly. For instance, most car manufacturers will use two formed-rubber hoses (~$20) for the cooling system. Honda uses somewhere around 10, making the hoses alone ~$80. Another example: Honda designed the front brakes such that you must re-build the entire front-end to replace the rotors (a very high wear item). Other manufacturers keep the rotors on this two small screws. This makes a ~$200 repair closer to $800. Big disappointment overall. As the cost of ownership is equal, I'm selling this and buying a BMW.

Sunroof, leather seats, big windows and great visibility.

Nasty blind spot over driver's left shoulder. Car is waaaaaay too expensive to own. If I want BMW repair costs, I'll buy a BMW.

awesome little car
By cobra989

1993 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I truly enjoy owning my little 93' accord, it's fun to drive and it goes... well lets just say realy fast!

By Margaret Graham

1993 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this vehicle brand new and I haven't had any major problems. It drive about 85-90% as good as it did when I purchased it. I also give credit to an excellent mechanic who has been very conscientious about the care of my Honda.