Used 1993 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 116 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1993 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Love my Honda
By SammyDbull8827

1993 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

My wonderful boss who just bought a new Civic EX coupe was sweet enough to pass on his all stock '93 Accord EX Coupe to me for free when he found out I needed a set of wheels. It had only 82,000 miles at the time and in mint conditon with the exception of a dent in the driver's fender. The rear spoiler and alloy wheels really brings out the sporty look of this car. I get a lot of compliments especially from women where ever i go. I even get people asking me if I want to sell her. This car starts up everytime and runs extremely smooth and tight expecially on the highway. Getting 23/27 mpg avg with A/C on. I will not part with her and plan on driving it for another 200,000 + miles. ;-)

Styling of the EX coupe. Rear spoiler. Alloy wheels. Ice cold A/C. ABS brakes. Folding mirrors. Double wish bone suspension. Handling. Plush velour interior. Rear seat drops down for long items that can be fed thru the trunk. Alarm that goes off reminding you the lights are on when key is taken out.

Wished it had a power tilt sunroof. It only slides back and forth. Stock radio is so so. I replaced the whole entire system with aftermarket. Need a armrest for front and rear passangers. Only driver gets one. Front cup holders in bad spot. It blocks radio when you have a drink in.

My "new" car
By 1993 10th Anniversar

1993 Honda Accord 10th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

I still call my 1993 Honda Accord my new car. I do love it, but I don't like the whistling from the windows if I go more than 30 mph. Otherwise, I love my Honda and I will buy another. I love the style, the large front window and the large back window. No cars compete with that so far. Otherwise, I love my car.

The design is my favorite. I like the square type with very large windows and a very small blind spot.

Larger rear-view mirror. Air noise from window. Way to raise the driver seat. Flashing light if brake is on. Warning bell if lights are left on. Easier access to clean between front seats. Floor vent to send more air into car. More space between back rear light in window to be cleaned behind.

Update on 3 year old review
By W Cooke

1993 Honda Accord 10th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

Since I wrote the last review on this car, things have only gotten much worse. Car now has 142k miles. Things that have had to be replaced so far: CV joints 2X, tie rod ends, upper ball joints and control arms, rear engine mount, A/C, ABS, rear rotors, front rotors 2X, exhaust 3X, oil pressure switch, oil pan gasket, power antenna, rear window seal, 6 headlamps. This car is much faster than its suspension can handle. I had heard that Honda built very reliable cars. This is 10 times over the WORST car I've ever owned.

Fast, very comfortable, interior is still perfect. Paint still OK after 14 years.

Absolute Best Car I've Ever Owned
By Ken

1993 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Buy one. Watch for external rust, but other than that, it will be the best car you can have. Love this particular body style. Solid, solid, solid.

Everything!

Rust over wheelwells have always been a trademark. Wish they could fix this.

Fast and Fun!
By cobra989

1993 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle about a year ago, and have driven the car almost 15000 miles. I really like this car, she is really fast! This is my favorite year out of the early 90's accords because of the extra power etc... Some of the mods that I have done are; full intake and exhaust, indiglo guages, supercharger. The thing that I was scared about the most when I did the exhaust kit was that it would sound like a Civic, but that I4 2.2L sounds great and its definitely a head turner! The only thing that I would do to change the car a little bit is to make the engine more accessible and repairs less expensive, other than that I love this car, its gonna be hard to let go.

what I have installed, styling, back seat room, overall quality. engine still runs strong w/200k on it

more accessible engine compartment, cheaper repairs.