Used 1993 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 116 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1993 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

My accord
By henochson

1993 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car in April of 2010. It had been owned by a couple since 1994 but had been sitting for 6mons. After a jump, the car had no issues coming back to life. The five speed manual makes the most of the zippy 2.2 L. It's way faster than my moms 01 Vtec Accord! Its ultra reliable. I with 171K I drove it 3.5 Hours at 80-90 mph and over a mountain pass no probs and averaged 37 mpg. Let's just say I drive a faster, better looking, and significantly better looking and practical prius! Acon works, but it doesn't love the heat. Sunroof is awesome. Stock stereo is actually great, an aftermarket cd deck would make it excellent.

Zippy fast car. Even driving hard it gets a solid 30 mpg. My friends can't believe how good it looks for a 17 year old car.

Cup holders poor. Can i get this motor in every new honda, the VTEC!

Absolutel "bulletproof"
By Richy from Nisky

1993 Honda Accord LX 4dr Wagon

I purchased my 1993 Accord LX wagon used in 1996 with 40,000 miles on the odometer. Now, 14 years later it is still running strong with 321,000 miles on it. Other than the usual rust over the rear wheel wells, my only other problem has been a leaking rear main seal, which leaks about a quart every 2500 miles. I run four snow tires on it during the winter and it has never gotten stuck. Alas, when I found out that Honda was not re-introducing the Accord wagon (they gave us the Crosstour instead), I opted to buy a CR- V as a replacement vehicle. This wagon has been absolutely bulletproof, and I hate to get rid of it. Best car I have ever owned.

Reliability, acceleration, versatility, drivability, great AC unit.

Honda, please bring back the Accord wagon! Every other car manufacturer has a mid-sized wagon except Honda.

Great Car
By Georgia

1993 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car at the end of 2002 with 92,000 miles on it. It was an extremely reliable car. I drive round trip 72 miles a day to work. I always said I would drive it till it died. It was a great car for the last 8 years and I just traded it in on a 2007 EX-L Accord. My '93 had 232,000 miles on it and still going. Had begun to replace things over the last few years - but that was to be expected. Got 180,000 miles out of the original clutch! AC / Heat still worked. Great, dependable car. One of the reasons I traded it, was the newer Accords are roomier and my kids are growing up and needing more leg room. I hated to see my '93 Accord go, but so far I love the 2007 as well.

Manual - lots of get up and go, Gas Mileage

Myhonda
By SDB

1993 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I have my accord for 3 yrs.now. I not had to do much other than normal maint. I've had problems with the fuel pump relay and front-end susp. All in all pretty good car in 2010 I went on a 5 state trip @ 15 hr.drive with no problems

The engine has good take off power

none

Best car I'll ever own
By eric

1993 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

Rock solid, bullet proof reliability! 227,000 miles and counting, I drive it every day, and love it every day. Original clutch, exhaust, interior perfect, nothing ever breaks on this car (the left headlamp bulb was installed at the factory, and is still there after 17 years!). Not true, the power antenna breaks due to the high heat in Arizona, but I'll forgive this wonderful gem of a car. I cannot praise Honda enough for this car and can't wait till they introduce another one like it. After all, it has to wear out someday, doesn't it?

Engine still very strong at 227,000 miles, gets 30 mpg on the highway regardless of load. Interior still looks like the day I bought it in '93. Only now, after all these years and miles, is it starting, just starting, to show a little age!

The only thing Honda could do would be to bring back this car. The Crosstour is OK, but has less room. The upcoming TSX Sport Wagon will be nice, but the one drawback to the 4 cylinder engine is lack of torque. Put a six in the TSX SW, and I'll buy it. Or the European diesel, with its torque will do