Used 1992 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 121 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1992 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

sweet
By ivo

1992 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

recently underwent a financial reckoning and got rid of payments and paid $1500 for this little honda with 176k mi. didnt expect much, but it has been unbelievable in the 6 months i owned it. doesn't burn a drop of oil (even though seller told me he thought it may burn some - but this guy just fixed something on the engine and resold it to me), and has been much more dependable than my wife's '01 jetta. gas mileage is still 30 mpg+ and almost everything works (except for cig. lighter and windshield washer fluid). even though i saved up, i can't justify spending $15k on newer car. i keep thinking - for that money I can buy me 10 of these that do the same thing perfectly fine! KICK 4SS HONDA!!!

dependability

can't say that it is "fun to drive" except for the feeling of satisfaction in regards to value received.

Will never leave you stranded.
By mark

1992 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

If you are looking for one car that will definitely get you where you need to go it is a 4th generation Accord. I bought the car with 230K miles and now have over 285K on the car! I refer to it as Old Faithful if that gives you any idea of it's reliability. Has never left me stranded. I have only put money into it (other than usual wear items) was to replace a main fuel relay (one of the very few common problems these cars had) and replaced a valve cover gasket. Other than that it has been more than amazing. bought it for $1000 and could sell it tomorrow for the same, which I'm certainly not planning on doing. Get the 5 speed, it is more reliable (slightly) and better performance.

The AMAZING reliability

Some minor problems with the turn signals.

ILuvMyHondaAccord
By Frankie

1992 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

It was love at first sight! I just couldn't resist the timeless, elegant styling plus, everyones knows the repretation a Honda Accord has. I knew I spotted a winner and had to get this car before someone else did. This is my second Honda and both I bought used. My 1987 Civic served me well for 14 years,(1990-2004) however I wanted to move up to an Accord. I remember the test drive like it was yesterday. The ride was tight and smooth like a brand new car and the interior looked new clean and in excellent condition. I could tell who ever owned this car kept it in great shape. I wasn't concerned about buying a used Honda 10 model years old because I know Hondas are built to last!

Room! The rear seats unlock for extra space and is easy to use. The sunroof is great epecially in the summer!

I wish the wheel lug-nut covers had locks to prevent theft. I've already had 4 taken off my car, they come off so easily. I have rust on the rear wheel base on both sides. The rear seat release is great, however the openning is restrictive.

92 Honda Accord
By chdoctor

1992 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

No matter how many times we think we're going to replace this thing, it just doesn't make sense to do so. Pre- dating our first child by three years, it will probably be the one she learns to drive. It runs great, and any repairs are predictable and occasional. Great highway car and great for tooling up, down, and all around hilly roads. Excellent handling on curves. Will probably replace our old Accord someday with a newer Accord.

Heavy (city) use of any clutch will wear down faster. This Accord's no exception.

Honda EX 1992
By EXBOY

1992 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I have been driving this 1992 EX Sedan since I got it right off the truck with 4 miles on it. The car still runs like a brand new Honda.

Durability of original Honda parts.

Trim on windows and body rust right above rear wheels.