Used 1992 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 121 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1992 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

I couldn't ask for a better first car!!!
By Krys Wilson

1992 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

When I was told that my first car was going to be a '92 Honda Accord, I wasn't thrilled at all. I didn't really know much about Hondas. Now, I wouldn't trade my Honda for the world especially with the price of gas, my Honda is very fuel efficient, it's not too big or too small. I have only had one major problem, I needed a transmission. I wasn't able to get one right away but my Honda still drove like a dream, just had to shift the gears myself. I have had sooo many offers to sell my Honda but I would never even if I buy a newer car. To say my Honda is 14 years old, I have less problems than any of my friends that have newer cars. Bottom line Honda has a customer for life. Honda Forever!

Great car!
By colslaw87

1992 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I bought my 1992 EX coupe roughly 2 years ago from a private dealer. Since then I have fell in love with the car. It is a blast to drive and gas milage is decent. I highly recommend the EX Accord as a first car for any teen or new driver!

Fun to drive, sunroof, great quality.

All honda's rust above the rear wheel and tend to leak in the trunk.

Super 92 AccEX Coupe
By Lin Red

1992 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I purchased my 92 Honda Accord EX coupe with Manual transmission 13 years ago. I've been tremendously satisfied with my great car. During the first decade I did not have any significant problems. In the last couple of years I've finally had to replace the clutch and replace the timing belt for the second time. Aside for a few rattles and squeaks, this car still gets me to work every day. I bought an Acura TL but I cannot bring myself to sell this car.

Reliability, design and fun to drive. The quality is unbeatable

The radio it came with was never very good. I should have replaced it a lot earlier.

Accord LX
By butterfly

1992 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I have had this Accord since it had 28480 miles on it. It has now 203,700 miles. It has had master cylinder replaced, radiator, power window electronics, and main relay. It currently needs paint it looks terrible!!! It has a small power steering leak and it must have an oil pan gasket leak as it is always wet when I change the oil. Honda so called fixed the PS leak but it reoccured 1 year later and they refused to repair under warranty. That dealership has had a lot of problems over the years. A lot of personnel changes. Honda refuses to acknowledge its defects and I'm skeptical about buying another Honda. I'm not thrilled with the other offerings out there either. Its been a good car overall.

Armrest, controls to open and close each vent, great AC and heater. Nice interior and ergo setup of controls, cruise control, trunk space good and setbacks let down. fuel economy ave. is 28 mpg in mixed driving. Underpowered for todays driving but is sufficient if not in heavy high speed traffic oft

Honda made some improvments but I'm leery because of the very bad reputation they have made for themselves and this is widespread and universal. I haven't read anything about how good someone was treated when they had brought their Honda in to have a defect fixed by a Honda dealer. My ears are open!

Great used car!
By Clancy

1992 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I bought my Honda from a private party recently. Though it has 140K on the engine, the car runs perfectly and handles like a newer car. The ride is smooth and quiet and the gas mileage (25 mpg city) is more than acceptable. Based on other postings and things I've read this car should past 200,000 miles as long as the routine maintenence is done. What more does one need? From now on it's Honda (or maybe Subaru) only!

Moon roof, very comfortable bucket seats, and a good-sized trunk. The coupe has a spacious feel when you're in the front seat.

The cup holders are in a bad location, the center console is lame and the stock radio is mediocre at best, though the speakers are OK. Also, the auto tranny is a bit rough when shifting but I've been told to add some Lubegard to the next transmission fluid change and things will markedly improve.