Used 1992 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 121 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1992 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

My First Honda is 13 Years Old already!
By Rose

1992 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I decided to purchase a Honda Accord used recently. It was the best decision I made in a car ever. The interior looks great. The maintenance on the car by the previous owners has lead me to believe that anyone who owns a Honda has a deep respect for it. It's a great car whether it's 13 years old or 13 minutes old.

Sunroof.

None it's a 1992. It's like a fine wine.

great car, but getting old...
By 92 Honda EX

1992 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I have really enjoyed owning this car. I have the 5spd and it has been very fun to drive. Despite not being a sports car, it has a sporty appearence with the 2drs, spoiler and sun roof. The car has however not been without problems. Since I bought it, I have had problems starting it in hot, humid weather. At 180,000 miles the oil pan seal wore and needed to be replaced, at 190,000 miles the head was found to be cracked and the car would not start. This is a very expensive problem to have fixed. Currently, it seems that the fuel pump is about to go. Despite the problems I have had, I would not hesitate to recommend the same car to someone else.

sunroof, spoiler, 5spd transmission (one of the best around), good stock stereo, comfortable on long drives

cup holders are not very big and are in a dumb location, the sunroof controls are not well placed

Honda
By Bob

1992 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

This car has given us many great miles, but the transmission is wearing out. At 13 years old, this car could use new struts, tie-rod ends, and shocks.

Great Dependable Cat
By 92HondaEX

1992 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I bought a new 92 Honda Accord EX 2DR coupe in Mar 1993 and traded in a 1985 Honda Accord. This has been a great car and very dependable. During the first 100,000 miles I had no problems what so ever. I did all the scheduled maintenance and changed the oil regularly using Mobil 1 Synthetic. Always tried to use genuine Honda parts. Recently had to replace the radiator and the clutch after 143000 miles. I bought a 2004 Acura TL last year but could not get myself to trade in the Honda, so I kept it. I still use the Honda to drive to work and whenever the weather is bad. Change the timing belt every 60,000 miles and the car will last. This is a super car!

Dependability. Exterior design. Ability to maneuver in traffic. Very economical.

Definitely should have replaced the factory radio a long time ago. Later Honda Accords have a lot more horsepower so they did improve it.

My rockin' Honda!
By Nick

1992 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

This car is great! I love hondas. my mom has an accord wagon and my dad has a civic. they both love them. This car is perfect. it runs great. it starts up like it was brand new, and its really fun to drive. I couldn't ask for more!

I like the stance of the accord. it gives you an aggressive presence on the road. Sunroof. I love my arm rest too!

better headlights. (mine could just be getting old) easier acces to inside the dashboard. (i had a hard time putting in my CD player.)