Used 1991 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 116 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1991 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Goodbye trusty friend
By darren

1991 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

I loved this car. Purchased used w/140k on it 6 years ago. Sold it this week, with 225k. The interior STILL LOOKS NEW. The ride was like a cruise-missle-on-rails. Handling would put most sports cars to shame. Would go fast if you pushed it. Had to get used to the auto trannys whiplash shifting. Very versatile/useful for small family. Comfy on long hauls. Experienced 400-600$ in repairs annually, INCLUDING TIRES but that can be expected if you drive old cars. Did have to replace motor at 215k- suspected that damage due to faulty oil maintenance before I owned it finally caught up with it.Old engine consumed 2+qts between changes. Now needs less than 1qt. The car has gone on to its 4th happy owner.

Ride, handling, performance. Useful & versatile. Interior comfort, durability and quality.

Smoother shifting automatic transmission, wish I could get better than 27mpg on highway, add another 12v outlet.

My Honda Wagon
By Walter

1991 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

This is an outstanding vehicle, I have 199,657 miles on this vehicle. It always accelerated well taking off and when I needed to pick up speed. I drive it to work 5 days some times 6 days a week. Never had any major mechanical work done. I plan to drive it for another 100,000 miles or have it overhaul if it is ever needed.

Sunroof, rear seats fold down and shift mode select when driving in town and slow traffice.

Cup holders.

Best car ever!
By mrsdesertkitty

1991 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I love this car. I bought it on the back lot of a dealership as is. Only changed a few normal parts. Battery, thermostat, ignition switch, and main relay. Still drives like its brand new at 144,000 miles. The antenna does not work and cup holders in a bad place. People laugh but I will own this car for my entire life. Thank you Mr. Honda!

Automatic seat belts. Sporty look.

Please remake. Change cup holders.

My Honda was awesome!
By stgermain03

1991 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

My Honda Accord was the best car I ever owned! I drive an average of over 100 miles a day and only had to fill the beauty up once every 2 weeks! This car would leave other cars in the dust. At 90mph the tach was barely hitting 3k! I finally sold it to a gal with her permit when the odomiter hit 230k. I really really miss it, but know that it is a great car for a kid to learn how to drive in. Very reliable, safe in the snow, and just overall fun to drive.

Honda's Worst Disappointment
By Esoterica

1991 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I can not express how much trouble this car was for me. Having been a dedicated Honda owner of all types I never imagined them creating a lemon. Granted I had bought it used but that was never a problem before. From overheating to a faulty ignition and distributor problems it was the least dependable car I've ever owned.(I thought Chrysler products were bad about leaving you stranded on the side of the road. There is an obvious reason Honda only manufactured this style for 3 years. I almost paid extra money for the Acura version. Probably should have. I ended up selling it at a major loss just to get it out of my driveway.

Possibly the sedan made it easier to get the dog in and out.

Scrap it and start over