Used 1991 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 116 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1991 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Very Nice Car
By Dillon

1991 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car about a week after the transmission in my 93 Mustang went out and I haven't had too many problems out of it. It gets great mileage (about 38-40 highway and 30-32 city), it's reliable, cheap and easy to maintain and fix, and you can always find parts if you need them. After several months of driving it and putting miles on it (I bought it with 170,000 and now have 184,000) I've had to do some work on it. I replaced the entire exhaust system, new head gasket, water pump, fuel filter and pump, and tires of course. I need to get a tune up and some new CV joints, but after that, it'll be a great car for school next year!

Cheap, great mileage, and easy to maintain. It'll never leave you stranded if you take care of it

A little work on the AC system and electronics. Plus the trunk leaks some, but it's an easy fix.

Winner of a car
By Denny

1991 Honda Accord LX 4dr Wagon

Bought it new in 1991, Buy tires when they wear out, changed oil and filter approximately every 3K. Routine maintenance done as it need some, big failure was trans computer but found a rebuilt and changed it myself for $175.00.I think it will soon go to my grand daughter.

AC still working with R12 system

How can you improve on the best?

1991 Honda Accord SE
By Les R Howell

1991 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new 1991. My wife and I have put 271050 miles on it. When I bought a new Toyota, Avalon, 2001- I didn't sell this car and let it sit for over two years in my drive. Put the key in two years later and... Voom! Wonderful car. Excellent gas mileage. Very quick and it just sings when you start it. Honda mechanics love to work on it (three new timing belts, new tires, new brakes), no engine problems- none, nota, zilch. Still just as quick as ever. Does not have air bags and my wife refuses to let my daughter drive it without them. Must sell. Every car should want to be like this one. It is possible to love a machine... though I never thought so.

Looks great, it just works like a good car should. About 25-29 mpg.

I guess the finish might show less wear. What should a 20 year old car's finish look like.

Go with the best: Honda
By harvey

1991 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in high school, my senior year and sold my truck because I was going to college. It had 120,000 on it when I bought it. Now, 5 years later it has 356,000 miles! Although the A/C has broke and it burns a little oil, those have been my only big problems. I still own this car and drive it daily 60 miles to and from work. It has served me well.

Gas mileage (32 mpg).

Don't care for the auto seat belt.

Simply Reliable
By D Himes

1991 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Purchased brand new in 1991 and to date still driving with 291,000 miles. Simply a dependable and quality car all the way around. Handles the road very well and still has great power. Hondas are simply great cars.

Love the body style, engine power, leg room, and how it handles on the road.

None