Used 1991 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 116 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1991 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Solid Car
By rsugg

1991 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Bought the car from a private owner almost a year ago. Replaced radiator, axle seal, oil seal and A/C spending a lot more than what I wanted to on a nearly 15 year old car. But I could have spent the purchase price plus the price of repairs on a newer car and still not have as good a used vehicle as this one. Very solid car in and out for its age.

Comfortable, good handling, acceleration and gas mileage. 5 speed stick is fun to use and sun roof is nice to have.

Same as most - I have yet to completely figure out the trunk leak and I've replaced the interior door handles

Best Car Out There!
By Neuman

1991 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

Wow, this car is unbelievable! I have never had a problem with it since the day I bought it to present day. It is extremely reliable, starts up every time hot or cold. It runs very smoothly no sputtering, this car runs the same as it did when I drove it off the lot..I bot it with 184K miles on it, and it now has 245K miles on it and still runs like new, IT WONT DIE..after all its a Honda...Retail value still at $3400 not bad for a 14 year old car! Oh and its very economical, between 450- 460 miles to the tank!

Moon Roof, Very Roomy, Very stream-line interior/exterior, AC, Power Windows, Power Door Locks, Power Mirrors, Very sacious trunk, it doesnt rattle with subs in the back!

Windows rattle when they are about half way down need to be tightened every so often. More variables in windshield wiper settings. Everything else is perfect!

Honda Wagons Rule !!
By Jane W.

1991 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

I purchased my EX wagon new and have kept it serviced when scheduled. It is a great car and I can't understand why Honda doesn't bring back the wagon. The five speed transmission is fun to drive although the 4 cylinder engine doesn't have alot of "get up and go". But, it sure beats the mileage of the trucks and SUV's that fly past me at a take-off with their gas gauges nearing empty. I've driven my Honda from Ontario, Ca. to San Francisco with gas to spare. The car has given me nearly 280,000 miles and I'm sure will get to 350,000 before a new engine is needed. I replaced the factory clutch at 212,000 miles. What more could one ask for in a car ?

Mileage, sun-roof, ablity to haul many things, comfort

Nothing really except for Honda to make another wagon not a quasi replacement like the Element...

Excellent Car
By Doug

1991 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

This is a great car. The interior design was excellent for this year. It makes it seem like it is actually a lot younger. It has a peppy engine, which is great. The reliability has been great. I would highly suggest buying it.

The interior design and all the features it came with.

Theres cars and then theres Hondas
By bubrubandlilsis

1991 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car a little over two years ago. So far to me it would have been superb in reliability but i failed to change the timing belt when the car reached 85,000 miles and put a 1500$ dent in my pocket. Just remember if you own one of them to change the timing belt when needed! Other then that instance the car has been great and I love it. After a few add ons like Prelude Rims, a spoiler, and a brand new paint job, this car is mechanically in great shape and looks immmaculate and sleek. The car is just about to surpass 100K miles,I only put on 20K, and its to bad im going to have to sell it soon.

The stickshift adds alot of fun to the thrill of driving. Gas mileage is great. The look is extrenely sleek whith the right at ons.

Cup holder is most definitly a pain in the neck when having a larger size drink. Auto seatbelts are anoying in some instances. Door handles broke. No major impovements needed though.