Used 1990 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 81 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1990 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

90 Accord EX High Miles
By New2Honda

1990 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought a 90 Accord EX Sedan from a private party. This has to be the most dependable car I have ever owned! It has 210,000 miles and runs like its brand new. I use this car in a 140 mile daily commute and I trust it 110%!

Reliability, Quality, Reputation, MoonRoof, Comfortable Drivers seat

Difficult to make u-turns

Everything should be this solid
By Brad

1990 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Purchased 5 yrs ago with 134k miles, now at 200k. No major problems at all. My car has led a very demanding life, and granted I maintain it well, but its still amazes me how well it holds up! A true testament to Honda using quality materials. The A/C has needed recharged, brakes needed some maintanence, exhaust, and suspension bushings replaced, but these are all very normal things for almost any car over 10 yrs old. Everything that has needed attention has been a Do-it- yourself saturday job, if you enjoy doing your own work. I've never had to take it to a shop. Nearly every accessory still operates perfectly. Has NEVER failed to start, even in the dead of Ohio winter. Thanks Honda!

Quality interior, pleasant exterior design that ages well. Amazingly reliable engine. LX trim level includes great options. Easy to maintain! Still feel smart driving it.

Diagnose rear wheel well rusting in future models (I'm sure they have).

15 years and still going strong
By drewd

1990 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Accord new in 1990. The only major problem that I had was my own fault - the timing belt broke because I did not follow the scheduled maintenance. Unfortunately, it cost about $1600 to fix, but that's the only significant problem that the car has ever had. It's protected my wife in two fairly serious accidents, even without airbags. It's been all over the US and treated us great! Every time we think about selling it, we just can't come up with a compelling reason - maybe it will just last forever!

Cold, cold, COLD air conditioning.

The auto transmission kind of sucks the performance out of it.

Gets funner with tuning
By Samir

1990 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

My first car and by far the best car my family has ever owned. Its been in 4 accidents totaled twice and I can still push it. It's easy to work on and get better performance with the abundance of aftermarket parts. I had mine repainted but it got scratched so the old white paint still shines new. With $50 in suspension worth it handles like a BMW. Comfort wise comparable to a Benz. I will be very, very, very sad when I sell her to get something newer.

Reliability, horspower, tunability, performance, comfort, and anything in between.

A/C is the only problem with older Accords, they die. Also not a good idea to run stock brakes when driving hard. Finally get rid of the speed govoner, stops at 112MPH.

great car
By pete reno

1990 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 120,000 miles. It now has 150,000 I have replaced the clutch, radiator and cv joints.It runs flawlessly! doesn't burn or leak any oil!!handles great. The transmission is tight as is the rest of the car. Avg 25-27 mpg city, 33-36 highway. When can I buy a diesel Accord!! I owned a 2000 jetta tdi nothing but problems!!! This car at 15 years old is a much better vehicle than the brand new vw.

ac rocks!!!! handles great. Paint is very durable.

Please someone tell honda to start selling the cdti diesel in the U.S.!!