Used 1990 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 81 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1990 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

I love my Honda
By jayjay24517

1990 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I have owned a few Hondas and they last forever. My 90 accord has 180k miles and counting. I haven't done a thing to it but drive.

Gas mileage, and seat comfort.

The rusting behind rear wheel wells.

1990 Honda Civic DX
By Jeffersbug

1990 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1990 Accord DX used in 2008. It seemed like a great deal considering it only had 68K. Only serious problem is I need to add a quart of oil every 300 miles. I've been to three mechanics and nobody can seem to find the cause. Been able to drive it 16,000 miles already without the problem getting worse. Other than that it runs great. The trunk does leak when it rains.

Cup holder. More trunk space.

Oustanding reliability
By Pete T

1990 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This car has over 380000 KM on it & is still incredible. We bought it in my first year of college and it has been faithful & reliable ever since. With the exception of regular wear & tear, & routine maintenance, we have not had to contribute to any major repairs; additionally, during a recent cold-spell in mid-December 2008 where the temperature dipped to -37 C (-52 with the windchill), we did not need to plug in our engine block heater. The car has been outstandingly reliable in the most extreme temperatures; consequently, our family is now comprised of a number of Honda Loyalists & it will take an inordinate amount of force or compulsion to convince us otherwise.

It keeps going
By vlad

1990 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car as a student in Waterloo, Canada with 250,000 kilometres. Added 50k in 3 years. It's my second car after a 1979 Renault that I owned back home in Europe. Engine, transmission are still great. The engine does not burn oil. A small leak was cured by using Honda oil. Transmission runs smoothly after drain and refill and changing the PCV valve. I had several issues: cv joints and leaking radiator. Gas mileage drops to below 20mpg in cold ontario winters. Close to 30 mpg in summer. Rust around rear wells is not a killer if you rust proof once a year.

Peppy engine, highway handling. Loves to be redlined.

Beware of rear well rust. AC is dead after all these years.

18 years and still running strong
By Cruiser

1990 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Accord new. Everything works good at 265,000 miles. I did have the trans reworked at 230,000, 1 new set of OEM brake rotors at 245,000. Has original freon in AC. Garage kept and waxed twice a year with McGuires products. Still run Michelin tires. I am on my 3rd stereo (needed a CD) and 2nd set of speakers. I plan to drive this car until the wheels fall off. Then I will probably rebuild it. Interior looks like new (scotchguard works). Mileage: 32/29

Seats are well designed

Wheel covers could use some improvement, and add a dust shield so brake dust doesn't get on wheels