Used 2014 Honda Accord Hybrid Sedan Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Honda Accord Hybrid Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord Hybrid model:

Exceptional Gas Mileage
By edmundsdon

2014 Honda Accord Hybrid Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've owned my Accord Hybrid for well over a year. I have 17k miles on it. I've keep track of my mileage and record it every fillup. Honda is right on the mark with the mileage claims for this vehicle. Yes, it is true that cold weather takes a toll on the mileage in the short term; as does cruising above 70 mph continuously. Pre-heating or cooling the interior, ditto.It's all in how you drive it. My "real world" mileage is exactly what was advertised if you combine the extraordinary summer mileage (55+) with the still impressive (42+-) cold weather mileage and average it. It works for me, and I take no heroic measures to accomplish this. Honda did their homework on this car, and it's true.

Well, the mileage of course! After that, it would have to be the spirited performance of a large car. Third, the outward visibility is a cut above the competition; no gun-slit windows here, and you don't bump your head getting in the front seat or the back. Also, the car feels substantial and well balanced on all four corners, it handles very well!

Well, I've got to put something here, so, yes I'll say it too; a slightly larger trunk would be nice. If you've three kids in the back seat, you won't be looking at this car anyway. However I still feel it's better than driving a small hatchback. The engine revs at times, as it generates electricity; and one quickly becomes used to it. Mostly the car cruises along silently.

Gas mileage
By Susanne Jusino

I would never have traded in my Camry hybrid if I knew the Honda accord hybrid only got 39 mpg. What a disappointment. I have had many Hondas but now I will go back to Toyota.

Gas Mileage Update: 17k miles on vehicle
By hallsc

2014 Honda Accord Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

On average I get between 38 and 45 mpg combined. I will say it depends heavily on your coasting vs. using the throttle and brakes heavily. During the summer months I got closer to 45-55 mpg but during the winter months it appears as though the 38-42 is more accurate hence my 38-45 range.

Car runs excellent and it fairly comfortable. Gets between 650 and 730 miles to the tank

The trunks space is lacking and the shocks are terrible.

Love this car.
By rukem1

I had to wait 2 months to get the model I wanted (2014 Touring) but I am very happy with this car.
I was getting 45-47 in the summer but I'm finding my mileage closer to 38-40 when the temperature gets below freezing. I think the gasoline blend has a lot to do with that. I have been able to get over 50 but I live on a hill, so the overall mileage reflects that. The performance is excellent. Much like an Acura TL service car I drove when I owned my MDX.
You get used to the gasoline engine noise in the background, especially when you realize the engines primary purpose is running the generator for the powerful electric drive motor. And over 40 mph, the gasoline motor is capable of 45 mpg.

Convenience of the keyless unlock and start. Handling. Very good steering, braking and acceleration for a mid-sized sedan. Interior comfort.

My wife missed the auto steering column adjust we had on the MDX, but otherwise the Accord seem to have a lot of Acura features built in.

DON'T BELIEVE THE GAS MILEAGE HYPE!
By benseay

I was sold on the MPG numbers, but my Accord gets 34mpg hwy and 40 city. I took it back to Hendrick Honda and they gave me a lecture on potential poor driving habits. They said they checked everything and all was fine.
This is my fifth Honda Accord so I have come to expect a certain degree of service and reliability. I FEEL BETRAYED BY HONDA. I don't know who these people who claim high MPG are. Hendrick Honda will not do a thing about mine though.
ROY at Hendick Honda in Easley, SC was rude and condescending. For me it's ZERO or HERO. I give the 2014 Honda Accord Hybrid a "ZERO".

UPDATE
JUNE-2-2016
I now have 65,000 miles on my 2014 Honda Accord Hybrid and Mileage is currently 32 hwy and 38 city, not 45 hwy and 50 city as Honda claims. Roy, the rude shop manager has since been fired. The Honda is still a piece of junk compared to former models. Hendrick Honda still doesn't care about this customer and I will NEVER buy another car from them.