Used 2005 GMC Yukon Consumer Reviews - 53 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 GMC Yukon

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:

Wife Chose this over LR3
By Nate

2005 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We test drove 3 vehicles, the Denali, the SRX V6 Cadillac, and the LR3. I kind of preferred the LR3, but the wife likes how "cushy" the Denali is. In truth, the Denali is much more comfortable for driver and passanger. I just like the fact that the LR3 is so tough. Well, it was for her so we got the Denali instead. We love it. 5 days into it and It is awesome. By the way the Cadillac is a piece of junk, to small and no power. also the v6 SRX was going to cost more than my Denali. Our Denali has Sunroof, Nav, and Rear Seat Entertainment. I recommend this package for anyone. The SRX had only a sunroof.

The navigation is my favorite toy. My wife loves the XM and the thought of the security of OnStar.

Update the dash. HID headlights would be nice, and maybe a low range for the 4x4 would be cool. If the memory seating was tied into the remote for the keyless entry, that would be a big plus. I am being very picky but I want remote start too.

my second Yukon is awesome!!!
By David Clark

2005 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I previously owned a 2001 GMC Yukon which was very nice and rode very well even with 126,000 miles on it! I decided to buy a 2004 in December since the rebates were very good and I absolutely love it! This vehicle has so many improvements from my original vehicle and have 30,000 miles on it without a single problem. I will continue to purchase GMC Yukons as a work and pleasure vehicle for years to come. Drive one today and you will not be dissapointed!

The nicest feature is by far the comfortable ride! I drive over 30,000 miles a year for work and do not get tired of driving this vehicle. The new XM radio and 6 disc changer gives you endless music, news, and talk radio options for those long trips! The new electric seats are far better than 2001's

My one suggestion would be to improve the seals on the doors and windows. There is some outside noise and air that does enter the vehicle. This has been greatly improved from my original 2001 Yukon.

Yukon on the go
By yukonjack9408

2005 GMC Yukon SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is my third Yukon, and in some ways, it is the best one. The fuel mileage is good for the size of the vehicle. It's great as far as comfort ane room. I still want the little things, such as the tape player, the little storage compartments that have been available in the past, and the double sunvisor that was in my '03 model. Overall, it's a great car. Keep up the good work, but lower the price, and you would truly have a winner! Yours truly, a happy owner

The reclining seats, rear access door, XM radio, handling, fuel economy

None

Macho SUV!
By Sir helsing

2005 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

My Denali has pleased me. It has never broken down due to mechanical failure. It sounds and feels like a Corvette, well for a vehicle of that size. It is stout to say the least .All the while my wife and children can enjoy a luxurious ride to school and the grocery store. The Denali is the SUV of choice.

Smooth, reliable, strong,6.0 liter.

Weight. Lighter weight components need to be incorporated including composite body panels.

What is there not to love?
By Bob

2005 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is absolutely one of the best SUV's GM has ever built. I have owned a '96, '99, '00, '02, and now a '05. They keep getting better each year. These trucks offer so much room and drive just like a car. The truck is very versatile and will continue to buy these trucks. I put 70,000 miles on it and I swear to God that nothing ever went wrong with it. I treated the truck well and vice versa. I own a mint '86 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham, which floats down the road, but this Yukon's ride is pretty hard to beat. Turning radius is sharp and the handling is great. I took a 500 mile trip a couple weekends ago and got 19.8 mpg, cruising at 60 mph. If you are considering an SUV, buy a Yukon.

Navigation system. CD changer. Each passenger has a heated seat.. Tri-Zone climate control.

Power liftgate. Remote starter. More console room. Power folding rear seats.