2017 GMC Yukon XL Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 GMC Yukon XL Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon XL model:

My3rd Large GM SUV is most expensive and worst yet
By J

2017 GMC Yukon XL Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (6.2L 8cyl 8A)

This is my 3rd Large GM SUV after having a 2001 Tahoe and 2012 Suburban (both of which I love) and owning it has been an absolute nightmare. I've had 6 different warranty issues and the car has spent 21 of the first two months I owned it in Dealership service for warranty work. If I could give "0" stars I would. Issues have been paint related in three areas, a recurring steering column scratch, a water leak in the rear hatch, an electrical short causing the doors not to lock, a squeak in the rear of the vehicle, and a kinked trim piece in the steering wheel assembly. Three of the issues still exist and I am pursuing lemon law protection. I've reached out to GMC multiple times who have not been able to provide any meaningful support. Steer clear - GM quality has taken a steep decline. In my experience dealerships are unwilling or unempowered to help and GM Corp doesn't appear to be willing to stand behind their product. This has been the most regrettable purchase of my life.

Third Yukon
By Drills

2017 GMC Yukon XL SLT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my third GMC Yukon (01 SLT, 07 Denali, 2017 SLT). This truck by and far is head and shoulders above the rest. The ride is amazing, the amenities phenomenal, and the look is impressive. The only knocks I will give are the headlights and exhaust. There is no reason for a 60k vehicle with practically all LED lighting inside and out, not to have HID headlights. The halogens cheapen the look. Granted you can get higher intensity halogens, or switch out the system completely to HID, but it would be nice to have it done at the factory. Of course, the Denali comes equipped with HID headlights, but in this day and age, should halogens even be on the table? Next is the exhaust. As soon as looked under the rear and saw the cheap looking exhaust system I knew I had to make a switch. While there are a million exhaust companies out there, I wanted to find something that balanced performance with a classy look. By chance I read that Borla makes exhaust systems for GM trucks/ SUV's. I ordered one, had it installed (super easy since its custom made for that vehicle), and love it. It looks great and sounds better.

GMC Denali is great
By Jim Garrett

2017 GMC Yukon XL Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (6.2L 8cyl 8A)

Love this vehicle so far. The biggest drawback is the navigation system: it is inaccurate and out of date by 10 years. I have resorted back to using my Garmin for accurate trip info... Other than the GPS system we love the vehicle.