The 2014 GMC Yukon XL is an excellent choice for large families who need a full-size SUV with maximum seating, cargo and towing capacities. If your needs are less extreme, though, you'll likely find a large crossover or minivan easier to live with day to day.
- Seating for up to nine passengers
- Class-leading interior space
- Smooth road manners
- Attractive interior with quality materials
- Powerful 6.2-liter V8 in the Denali.
- Third-row seat is bulky and doesn't fold into the floor
- Long braking distances
- Hefty curb weight hampers handling.