2019 GMC Terrain SUV Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2019 GMC Terrain SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Terrain model:

Downsized from 2017/2019 Denali Acadia to Terrain
By LOVEMY2019TERRAINDENALI

2019 GMC Terrain SUV Denali 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

I was skeptical at first only have my 2017 GMC Acadia Denali. We were rear-ended in Sept 2018. We were all safe in the Acadia, the insurance company deemed it a total lose. I was just glad that our injuries were not bad. GMC builds solid SUVS and that is why I went back to GMC. I have owed many vehicles in my lifetime, ie; Mercedes, Porsche, Cadillac's but I keep coming back to the GM brand for safety. So, when I went into the Dealership 2 weeks ago, they said, take a look at the Terrain, I was not hesitate because I did like the BOLD look of it from 2018. So, I was hesitate about the 4 speed transmission, but after driving it for 2 weeks I do NOT feel as if I lost anything other than space (sometimes wasted) from the Acadia, when I am driving myself. I am a care giver for my mother and I found the ease of putting her wheel chair in the back of my Terrain to be quite easy. I say to anyone looking to buy/lease a SUV, TAKE A LOOK AT THE 2019 GMC TERRAIN, great value for your hard working monies.

Undersized engine and cracked radiator
By Stuart

2019 GMC Terrain SUV SLE 4dr SUV AWD (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

I leased this vehicle on a Monday and overheated and was non operational by Saturday night. Brought it to the dealership on the 6th day with 340 total miles and was just notified that the radiator was cracked. Not a good start with this vehicle. When accelerating the engine whines like it can't power the vehicle.

Former Cadillac owner
By Big Harry

2019 GMC Terrain SUV SLT 4dr SUV AWD (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

Traded in a 2013 Cadillac XTS. As we are getting older we had problems getting in and out of our car. We did shop around and found this 2019 Terrain that caught our eye . The vehicle is so easy to get in and out , of course the ride cannot compare tour Cadillac. The ride in the Terrain is much better than I thought it would be . I also think the cue system on the cadillac is much better than the infotainment on the terrain ,something that we have toget used to. Other than that we are enjoying the car and we are not sorry for making the switch.