Are you searching for a compact crossover SUV with a big backseat? The 2016 GMC Terrain fits the bill, and it also offers a powerful V6 that will leave most rivals in the dust. Read on to see if the Terrain has what it takes to keep up with the pack in other respects.
- Spacious backseat that slides and reclines for added comfort
- Optional V6 engine makes this crossover faster than most competitors
- Interior stays quiet at highway speeds
- Supple suspension soaks up impacts on rough roads.
- Four-cylinder engine feels sluggish and real-world mpg falls short of EPA ratings
- Less cargo space than many rivals
- Touchscreen is hard to reach
- Dated interior design reflects the Terrain's advanced age
- Bluetooth audio not available on SL and SLE-1 trims.