Used 2011 GMC Terrain SUV Consumer Reviews - 98 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 GMC Terrain SUV

View reviews for a specific Terrain model:

Thought I had a good car.
By Tracy

2011 GMC Terrain SUV SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought this used 3 months ago. Had a problem with a timing belt and something else a month ago and it was repaired under warranty. My warranty went out last week. Yesterday, my check engine light came on so I had Onstar run a diagnostic check and they said it had something to do with the car not starting and I need to get it fixed within 7 days. This morning, I had to turn the heat up to 78 to feel any kind of warm air. Last week 75 was too hot. Also, mpg is not what they claim and that was one of the main reasons I purchased this vehicle. Very disappointed!

Poor performance and value
By Diane S

2011 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

In 2 years of ownership, I had a total of 7 major warrantied parts replaced. This included emissions, both catalytic converters and timing belt before the truck even had 50K miles on it. Service at Winegardener GMC of Brandywine was horrible. Truck was held for a week at a time, with no loaner or rental offered. Truck eventually became too costly to own as I lost many hours off work waiting for repairs and finding rental vehicles while waiting for truck to be fixed. Gas mileage was not the 32 MPG promised, even at 55 MPH I still only got about 23 MPG HWY.

Can't cover any terrain since in shop.
By Diane

2011 GMC Terrain SUV SLT-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

On the three years I have had my car. I've had to fire air bag wiring. Told was not covered. I've replaced the manifold, catalytic converter, there was a oil consumption issue, this past week I replaced the thermostat and water pump. The backup camera hasn't worked great since the fixed the consumption issue. Didn't know the navigation was suppose to work with onstar until I read comments. Can't trade in because resale value is poor. I've pumped in over 6,000 dollars this car and the dealer had the nerve to say today. Think it's time to trade in. The only reason the consumption issue was fixed is my husband complained to GMC because the dealer wasn't listening.

badd gmc
By Shawn

2011 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

too many recalls not safe no power .. Stalls and I complained to gmc and they just said didn't do much at all

Not what GMC promises
By Dave A

2011 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Talk about false advertising, the actual gas mileage is no where near the EPA. At 60k miles, the timing chain needed replaced, a loud rattling noise continued and the on board diagnostic light keeps turning off and on. Recently the car started to lose oil - 3 quarts - about 3,000 miles after the last oil change. Also, the car has been hesitating and then stalling while in drive, very dangerous! One of the mechanics told us the timing chain was a constant problem...why no recall? Also, there have been 3 recalls in the past 4 years. This is the 4th GMC vehicle we've owned and it will definitely be the last. We should have quit buying GMC after the first one....!