Used 2011 GMC Terrain Consumer Reviews - 98 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 GMC Terrain

View reviews for a specific Terrain model:

Snazzy SUV!
By Margaret Kaegi

2011 GMC Terrain SLT-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Very mature 2nd owner unfamiliar with "Blue tooth and modern gadgets" so I didn't use them, therefore I'm unable to rate them. The fact that even without AWD, traction was excellent during inclement weather and the vehicle was as secure going up snowy/slippery steep inclines; absolutely no concern. The optional 6 cylinder engine was obviously a valued original upgrade. The major complaint involved not easy connecting seat belt because of arthritis and inability to keep seat retracted until inside car, after unlocking vehicle in order to enter. I also consider it unsafe to have fuel access on passenger side of car. Perhaps just minor aggravations for most people. Overall, this is a great car for driving and feeling secure with its' handling, and its' appearance is indeed handsome! Its' color is Blue.

Yikes,
By C. Lake

2011 GMC Terrain SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This SUV has had everything go wrong with it. Is a 2011 and We wanted to buy "American". So disappointed. The engine has been practically rebuilt in the last 3 years. We are talking hundreds of dollars at a time. Oil consumption is awful. Starts making a "noise" when down in the 60% usage and has to have oil change. The dealership service dept. what can I say. Seems that every time something major has to be repaired, it is a few months something else goes wrong( major) and it must be fixed. We do not go out of town in in this vehicle. Are getting rid of it before another repair crops up. Do not buy one of these!
SOLD this piece of junk. Will never buy American. Bought a HONDA CR-V and love it!!!!!

I could have bought the repair shop!
By AJ Dugger

2011 GMC Terrain SLE-1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have had my Terrain for 7 months. In those 7 months I have had 2 major repairs which have caused my vehicle to be in the repair shop 5 times. Three of the five times I have had to have a rental vehicle (luckily I only had to pay for 1 rental). This last one included a tow of the vehicle to the repair shop. These two major repairs are KNOWN defects by GM, per consumer reports. The oil consumption issue with the engine was a known and recognized default by the manufacturer. GM paid for the repairs and my rental, but I was without my vehicle for almost a week. Transmission failure is the second major repair and is covered under my warranty (NOT BY GM). Repairs have taken longer than a week and the warranty only covers a rental for 7 days. Again, I am paying for a rental for repairs to a known defect. I may not be out thousands of dollars for each repair at the point of service, thanks to the purchase of my warranty up front; but, the frustration, time spent handling the repairs, and concern for safety during my break downs on the road is ridiculous. I really like my car but I think it has been in the shop almost half the time I have owned it!

Awesome Ride
By Chris Noel

2011 GMC Terrain SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

It's not a power train. But it's got the power to pull a train. I would take this SUV any where I could take my Z71 4√ó4.

2.4 ecotec is a scam
By Paul

2011 GMC Terrain SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This car and other gm s have the 2.4 ecotec engine in it which will leave you disappointed and broke. The Ecotec consumes oil which will lead to a faulty motor. Please google the 2.4 ecotec oil consumption before you consider purchasing this vehicle.