Used 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 50 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

Better Than the Rest
By Bob

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Have not had a truck in a while and I love this one. Great deal, excellent fit & finish and actually drives & rides better than a Volvo sedan I traded.

Love the styling, even better than the Chevy. Excellent power. Comfortable interior.

Can find nothing I would change right now.

Needs Help
By ted

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Denali 4dr Crew Cab AWD 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

No way this truck has 403hp. Had two different 06 Titan trucks that would leave this thing in the dust. Also, the Titans would out tow the Denali. The Bose radio system is whimmpy compared to other trucks and cars I have owned. Handling is so-so. No standard step rails or sprayed in bed liner. Come on GMC this is your top of the line? Get real. I guess this will be the last GMC I will buy.

Sound of the engine. Comfortabe seats.

Say goodby to AWD.

Great Truck
By Drewgold

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've only had this truck for a month and all I want to do is drive it. It rides and drives much better than my 05 did. (though I was happy with that truck as well) The controls are well laid out and easy to reach. There is planty of interrior storage. As for all you cry babies about gas mileage, what do you expect from a 5000lb truck with a 315hp V8? I am pretty much getting what the sticker claims. (14/19) If you are that concerned about gas mileage I recomend the Malibu. If you want a great truck then buy a Sierra.

The ride comfort is incredible. Back up assist works flawlessly. Bose sound system, factory 20" wheels.

I would have expected side impact air bags to be standard. Factory bluetooth would nice. How about a 6 speed trans to go with the 5300 engine.

Better then the rest
By blksiryder

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I just got my new GMC with the 5.3. I love the fact of the fuel managment system. The mpg's could be better but not bad. The engine is a power house. I traded my 2000 turbo diesel for this truck and with the 100k powertrain warranty. I know it will last the the term of the loan. I would buy 2 if I needed them.

The 5.3 power house

None

'08 SLT Crew Z 71 pack
By L. Morris

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Last truck was a '96 Z71 ext cab Chevy. This truck is awesome! I love 99% of it! I chose this, over the somewhat cheaper Silverado, due to the way the dealer treated me and the price they quoted me. No one else could come close to my deal.

The ride is top notch. The overall quality of the vehicle is noticeable from the word go. Gas mileage is very good considering the weight and 4wd. I think my next truck will be a GMC as well if they keep up the great work!

Driver side ergonomics. (My only complaint) I'm 6'tall, sore back, and would like to be able to tilt the seat back more while my arms can still reach the steering wheel without my knees being 1 inch from the dash! Either make the dash roomier at the knees or install an extend-able steering wheel.