Used 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Consumer Reviews - 98 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 GMC Sierra 1500

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

Flat spot on crankshaft
By L. Gebhardt

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Gmc decided to fix enginne instead of replacing truck, it had about 2000 miles on it when problem first appeared. It sounded like a vibration coming from exhaughst system, mechanics knew what problem was as soon as they heard it. Flat spot on crankcase. Rebuilt lower end, and gave me a 6 year 90000 mile warranty. BIG DEAL.

BETTER CUSTOMER RELATIONS FROM GMC. The Feild rep. would not even talk to personally.

Better than Expected
By Brad

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The interior is the best I have ever seen in a pickup. The ride is strong and smooth and the steering tight. I have the Z71 2WD so it looks like a 4wd but cost a lot less. I added a K&N airfilter, flowmaster exhaust and a leveling kit to add almost 2 inches of lift to the front end. It looks and sounds great and everyone always tells me how much they like the truck. The bottom line is this is the best all around truck I have ever driven.

The design of the dashboard and interior trim.

6-speed transmission standard with all 5.3L engines and up.

Almost perfect
By WORK TRUCK

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

My only complaint with this truck is the transmission. The transmission does not down shift right when you make low speed turns. I have gotten as high as 21 mpg on the highway with a few mods. I have installed cold air, programmer, and exhaust. My daily driving average is about 16 1/2 mpg.

OnStar

Fix the transmission. Stock speakers rattle.

Sweet truck, high price
By sweettruck

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the performance package which came with 20" wheels. Great traction on snow, ice, rain and dry pavement. Excellent acceleration. Definitely great fuel economy.

It drives like a Cadillac!

I paid 42,000 The least they could offer is a free spray in bed liner. $475.00. Is that too much to ask for?

'07 GMC Sierra Denali AWD
By MikeB

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned my '07 Denali for 10 months and 12k miles, and I am still in love with it. I can't find a fault. I've used it as a daily driver, and it's very comfortable and nice to drive. It serves as my hunting rig. I've pulled trailers, and hauled big loads, all with no issues. I've taken it on trips and it cruises great on the open hwy. The truck returns acceptable mileage given it's horsepower - I've averaged about 14.5mpg in mostly city driving. For those who like to tinker, I added a K&N cold air intake and a flowmaster dual exhaust, and while not necessary, these items added immensely to my enjoyment of the vehicle. You really should check out the GMC before buying a new truck.

Remote start, 403hp, 6-speed transmission, exterior looks, interior design, 20inch wheels/tires

None