Used 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

'07 GMC Sierra Denali AWD
By MikeB

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Denali 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned my '07 Denali for 10 months and 12k miles, and I am still in love with it. I can't find a fault. I've used it as a daily driver, and it's very comfortable and nice to drive. It serves as my hunting rig. I've pulled trailers, and hauled big loads, all with no issues. I've taken it on trips and it cruises great on the open hwy. The truck returns acceptable mileage given it's horsepower - I've averaged about 14.5mpg in mostly city driving. For those who like to tinker, I added a K&N cold air intake and a flowmaster dual exhaust, and while not necessary, these items added immensely to my enjoyment of the vehicle. You really should check out the GMC before buying a new truck.

Remote start, 403hp, 6-speed transmission, exterior looks, interior design, 20inch wheels/tires

None

GMC Outdid Themselves
By Chuck_Yager

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this truck 6 months now and I absolutely love it! My family has owned many GM trucks and this one is by far the best that they have ever produced. The power is excellent and the ride and drive are much better than you would expect to get from a truck. I wish that I would've gone w/ the Vortec Max package and gone w/ the SLE2 trim, but I am extremely happy with it and have no real regrets. I coonhunt and tow a jeep to go rock crawling and this truck is definately more than capable in both situations. It does seem to be alittle spin-happy in certain situations, but great in 4x4. The seats are hard to clean(lint roller). I looked hard at the other brands and they just fell short.

Quiet and smooth ride, locking rear differential, all of the redesigned features, placement of knobs & switches, quality build, fit, & finish; looks, handling....in short everything

Just nit-picking..... The fuel mileage isn't quite with what was claimed, but 14/17 mpg isn't bad from a 4 DR 4x4. Who buys a truck for good mpg? Wish they would updatethe trans to a 5 or 6 speed to better use power, current one works great though. 2 more inches of ground clearance would be nice.

3 Months and 4,500 Miles later...
By blharris77

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Overall I've been very pleased with my 2007 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 4X4 5.3 liter. Drives straight and true with a very tight feel. Steering is very responsive, exhaust tone is just aggressive enough but not annoying. With the Z71 suspension the ride is a little rough but that is to be expected. A friend has the handling suspension and his rides much better (but mine looks better!) Only complaint is the transmission seems to hesitate between 1st and 2nd if you've been slowing down (as approaching a stop light) and then attempt to accelerate without coming to a complete stop first (like when the light turns green before you get there). Also noticed the brakes squeal sometimes.

Remote start, XM satellite radio, heated seats, rear park assist.

Bluetooth! Why GM won't put Bluetooth in their vehicles is obvious (they want you to buy cell minutes from them) but I almost went with the Tundra for that very reason. Also needs a front park assist (scratched my front bumper a few times) and a rear camera like the Tundra.

Hot truck
By lonewolf904

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Denali 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Love this truck. Power, comfort, styling. Have added super chip programmer cold air intake and magna flow muffler. Maybe future mods will be gears and a supercharger

403 hp

Give an option of rearend. Wish I had 3.73 gears

Loyal Customer
By Acme

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Bravo! GMC has finally done it. What a truck. After owning over 30 GM trucks in the last 25 years I decided in 2001 that my next truck would be a Ford. Thought I would try one. After checking for recalls on the Sierra and the 150 I was very sceptical about the Ford. Drove them both. No contest. Boy trucks have really changed in the last few years. The improvements and appointments of this truck are far to numerous to itemize here. GMC has redefined the term, "Base Truck". This is the first truck I have ever owned that I was 100% pleased with. It is a good value, fair price, great truck. Ford is way behind this truck, Dodge is a joke. Bravo GMC!

OnStar, Tire pressure sensors are standard! The comfort, the space, the storage, the looks, the interior fit and finish is BMW quailty. The warranty! As nice as this truck is , it is a tough work truck with gobs of power. GMC really put a lot of design effort into this truck, a great value.