Used 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Consumer Reviews - 98 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 GMC Sierra 1500

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

A truck is a truck
By Greg's Work Truck

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We purchased this truck for the sole purpose of hauling things. We chose the regular cab, 8ft bed 4.3l automatic work truck. We have rental property and we decided we needed a basic truck with lots of bed space. Our GMC does the job very well. We load lots of stuff in the back and doesn't strain, not one bit. Sheets of plywood and drywall fit perfectly. I am not a fan of trucks, so I don't get excited driving it. The flip down covers for the power ports broke and were replaced. The rubber stops for the gas cover broke and were replaced. All else is good. Its a truck. The airbag light comes on and shuts off the engine. The dealer updated the software and it hasn't happened again.

8ft bed. Hauls as much as we can put in it. Dash looks nice for a truck. Simple and easy to use. Seats are comfortable. Ride comfort is good for a truck. Material quality is good so far. Mechanically sound. Handles reasonably well. Brakes ok. I'm happy with my choice.

It would've been nice to receive a note from GMC telling me to bring it in for the software update. The power ports need a better cover - it feels like they'll break again. Cover the inside of the rear wheel wells with something black. Make a CD player standard.

good from far , far from good
By brent

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE2 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Hello viewers , please take notes before going out and purchasing one of the cheapest poor quality trucks gm has ever build . This is my fourth gm truck in ten years. I've had my 07 sierra for two years and was very pleased with everything that it had offered . Two years later or 16000 miles later the interior is falling apart, deep rust has started behind the door weather molding, rattles and squeaks while you drive . Truck is garage kept and well maintained . And I don't even have kids jumping in and out of it . Bottom line is Ive have always loved and stood behind gm vehicles for twelve years . But this is truley a poor professional grade. Oh and good luck with any warranty work .

Body style , interior (design) , performance and comfort

upgrade to a better grade of interior instead of cheap whatever. Seats that are easier to clean. focus on the bad rust problem behind the door weather striping . and last would be to take pride in your vehicles like it was back then

awesome redesign style
By my07sierra4x4

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

i recently purchased this 97 crew cab. it is awesome. traded in my 99 classic style sierra 1500 which i purchased new in 99. this truck is much better in style and power than my classic 99.i owned the 99 for 10 yrs and hardly ever had a problem with it. thats what sold me on staying with the gmc. was looking at switching to the new tundra until gmc changed the style of the new sierra. it is awesome. a real mans truck now.

leather power seats,dual climate control,steering wheel controls for stereo,power sliding rear window, awesome chrome 20 inch wheels.

better fuel economy

Not So Happy
By Tubbed67

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

When I ordered this truck,it was my 3rd GMC.When it came off the truck,I was there and thought WOW,what a truck.And then after 7 visits to the dealer,and 20 different issues. My latest problem will be the end of my GM problems.It burns almost 2qts of oil in 1000 miles.And GM says there not sure why.Valvetrain noise,is also issue.They actualy asked me to do a oil consumtion test.And if that isnt strange enough,now they want my dealership to take it on a trip,to do there own test.

Happy that GM was around to make a 67 Nova that I own(Dosent burn oil either)

Fire the engineers who designed this motor,because mine isnt the only one with the problem.

Should have bought an import!
By luis

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck brand new and have been sorry for it. I had it in the shop like 10 times in the first 1.5 years. I would really have to think hard before buying another GM product, even GM customer rep's did very little to help resolve my issues. radio replaced, remotes replaced, one speaker blew out ( now another has blown out ), power steering unit replaced, cross member bar repaired, tie rods replaced, motor mount replaced, body mount replaced, steering shaft serviced, something in steering wheel broke, and rear seat was unstitched when bought!

I really like the design of truck inside & out, but I would give that up for a better built truck with less eye catching looks! With today's demand for power, why not add more 12v outlets & more engine power in even the work truck. Why a 4.8 and why not just put the 5.3 in all trucks? Not smart

Why offer a small liter engine in a full size truck. Nissan and Toyota have it right, you get the same engine in all trims. If I wanted a small engine, I would buy small truck or a car. Poorly built