Used 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

Bad News for GMC
By dave

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

5.3 motor burns oil as in 4qt. in 2000 miles and dealer didn't do nothing. Had a 2004 GMC with lots of issues of its own,any thing from the tailgate falling down at random to to the windshield leaking from day two i could go on and on with this pickup at 21,000 miles and the front axle went out for the second time I traded it off on the 2007. 11,000 miles to the day i got rid of it it was on an oil consumption(spelling) test. when you pay the money that you do for a car/truck I don't feel you need headaches like this. This was and will be the last gm for a long time

Not So Happy
By Tubbed67

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

When I ordered this truck,it was my 3rd GMC.When it came off the truck,I was there and thought WOW,what a truck.And then after 7 visits to the dealer,and 20 different issues. My latest problem will be the end of my GM problems.It burns almost 2qts of oil in 1000 miles.And GM says there not sure why.Valvetrain noise,is also issue.They actualy asked me to do a oil consumtion test.And if that isnt strange enough,now they want my dealership to take it on a trip,to do there own test.

Happy that GM was around to make a 67 Nova that I own(Dosent burn oil either)

Fire the engineers who designed this motor,because mine isnt the only one with the problem.

Should have bought an import!
By luis

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck brand new and have been sorry for it. I had it in the shop like 10 times in the first 1.5 years. I would really have to think hard before buying another GM product, even GM customer rep's did very little to help resolve my issues. radio replaced, remotes replaced, one speaker blew out ( now another has blown out ), power steering unit replaced, cross member bar repaired, tie rods replaced, motor mount replaced, body mount replaced, steering shaft serviced, something in steering wheel broke, and rear seat was unstitched when bought!

I really like the design of truck inside & out, but I would give that up for a better built truck with less eye catching looks! With today's demand for power, why not add more 12v outlets & more engine power in even the work truck. Why a 4.8 and why not just put the 5.3 in all trucks? Not smart

Why offer a small liter engine in a full size truck. Nissan and Toyota have it right, you get the same engine in all trims. If I wanted a small engine, I would buy small truck or a car. Poorly built

Excellent Buy
By docknow

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My last truck was a 1997 F-150 4wd extended cab and it was the best riding truck that I have ridden in including Chev and GMC and it had 187,000 with NO problems. I purchased thw 2007 1500 Sierra in April 2008 and I could not have made a better decision. This crew cab rides and handles like a sports car, it has the Z71 package which is too firm in some situations but excellent in others. I have recommended this truck to many of my friends who are Ford and Dodge lovers, three have swithed and are very happy.

Heated wipers, cleans bugs off the windsheild very well, controls, leg room, I am 6'3", comfortable bucket sets, remote start.

The cloth fabric attracts everything, I wish GM had a package wher you could purchase the leather covers for the cloth seats.

Sticker mileage statement
By ken smith

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

vehicle is rated at 16 in city, 20 on hwy. Expected 15 in city and 18 on hwy. Realistically am getting approx 12.4 city and 16.5 on hwy. Have checked several times. Good, conservative driver aged 77. Driving GMC trucks for 18 years. Best overall truck for quality, performance, and resale.

Remote starter ,reduced glare driver mirrors. XM radio. Steering wheel cruise and radio controls. Performance and ride. Back-up warning sensor. Large storage console.

Backup camera. keyed lock on center console. Cooled/heated front leather seats. Option to upgrade to premium tires.