Used 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

No regrets
By Don

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Denali 4dr Crew Cab AWD 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I was shopping for a Ford F150 and was determined to get the best. I was frustrated that I could not get factory remote start, DVD or a motor that impressed me. Just by chance I decided to check out the Denali. It had everything I wanted, NAV, DVD, Sunroof, heated steering wheel/seats and best of all a motor with more power than I ever imagined. This thing is a beast and sexy as ever. I turn more heads with this truck than I did with my Mustang Cobra. It's a combination of looks(black with chrome everywhere) and sound (the 6.2 L sounds like a 60's muscle car) Everytime I start the truck it puts a smile on my face. The black leather and stitching is perfect. Manual shift is awesome.

Awesome power, AWD, big 20" polished alum rims, chrome everywhere, heated steering wheel, and comfort.

Wish that it had backup camera for this model year, but can always add one later with aftermarket. No other complaints.

Great Truck
By Frank

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have been a Ford truck owner and Ford mechanic for several years, and I found the GMC Sierra Z71 SLT 4-door truck an excellent ride, with impecable styling and lines. When you drive any 4x4, you would expect a rough ride, but not with the Sierra. This truck rides like a luxury car, and the SLT package has all of the bells and whistles. I have remote start, DVD with BOSE speakers, full power everything, wood grain dash, ABS, heated washer fluid, rain sense wipers, power pedals, 2 person seat memory, all leather interior, and much much more that other trucks clearly do not even offer as options.

All of the luxury items, remote start with auto temperature on/off, ride, styling, roominess, and stealth gray paint.

Get "universal" Homelink garage door system to work without buying an additional relay to make it work, and check into the oil consumption issues on the 5.3 liter V8. I am reading from others online that they are consuming between 1-2 quarts of oil between oil changes, and GM knows it.

Oil Consumption
By Frank

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The new body style GMC Sierra with a 5.3 liter V8 has some oil consumption issues. My truck purchased new with only 30 miles on it, now with 26,000 miles on it and 3 years later, burns 1 quart of oil between oil changes. I suspect that the all aluminum block design probably has some oil ring clearance problems since I do not have any external leaks yet. Although there is no blue smoke coming out that can be seen, does'nt mean that it is not being burned. GM should do better here for a $46,000 truck. I am sure that the Suburbans and Tahoe owners are experiencing these same issues with the oil and 5.3 liter V8. I won't be buying GM again. Switching back to Ford.

Luxury of the SLT full package with remote start, DVD, etc.

Make an engine that doesn't burn oil when NEW! Also for god's sake, if you call the Homelink garage door opener "universal", then make sure it will open all garage doors that will not require the owner to buy additional parts to use the damn thing. $46,000 remember!

3 years after
By GMC owner

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my GMC about 3 years ago. Loved the styling thinking it was the best full0sized truck out there. I've driven it daily since buying it. A few paint scrapes and had to replace both the front and rear brakes (just replaced the rear brakes myself today). As well as one headlight. All in all it really was how GM marketed it a long-lasting dependable truck. I've driven it from California to Virginia by way of Canada and Texas (towing a Volvo on a car trailer). I currently drive it in Germany. It has never not been a reliable truck. only complaint is that the 6.0 liter eats gas, and is not as good as GM says it is on fuel economy. A great truck for the money

Styling, Seems like you can't kill this truck. Even though it's chevy's corporate cousin it still just feel solid and as their old ad slogan was "like a rock". Handles well at 90 mph in countries where there are no speed limits.

Come on you have to find a way to make it better on Gas it's the 21st Century there has to be some better tech for improving fuel economy. Also unless you really punch the gas it kind of lags when wanting to pass.I could do without the speed governor since I can't drive as fast on the autobahn.

Oil consumption
By Shawn

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Love the truck but Very disappointed with OIL CONSUMPTION I'm burning about 2 quarts every 3000 miles. and its not like i abuse the truck I've changed the oil every 4000 miles and use synthetic oil. I spoke with a gmc dealer today and he says they know of the problem but gmc has done nothing to respond to the problem as a former dodge and ford owner I hope GM does something to fix the problem. Or i guess I will be looking for a new truck and GMC will not be a option. truck has the 5.3 V8 and 33,000 miles on it to date

Overall design