Used 2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

best yet
By underpressureinc

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SLE Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck brand new, actually bought a toyota first but found the mileage and power to lacking for the needs I had. this truck filled the bill alright, she has towed a trailer almost everyday and has been used as a working route truck.I have had not one problem with this truck even the tires have lasted longer than expected for stock run of the mill general tires. I love this truck but its time to move on to a new work truck I think I will do it all over with another short box gmc 1500 ! what a great investment this was for our co.

towing ability,power she has,comfort and ease to drive,she looks really fine.the mileage is always in the 20s'and I haven't ever serviced this truck yet.

none

amazing truck!!!
By cdr1991

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Work Truck 4WD LB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

My dad had originally bout this truck, it was the first 04 in Alaska at the time. He used it to comute 60 miles away for about 3 years, then I used it to drive to school about 30 miles away. Not once has this truck not started, even at -40 it started right up. Not once has it ever had any Major problem. Only mat. That has been done is oi change and brake pads. It is the best truck that my dad or I have ever owned. I am currently at 163,200 miles! Still defect free. My brother as well bought one of the same year since he liked mine so much, and he has the same thoughs about it. It is a amazing truck

i love the engine. for being so small it has good power, and definitely has some kick to it if needed

my only complaint is what has been recalled. never has anything gone wrong. never needed to fix the recalls either.( had too many miles)

2004 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 litre
By REber

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SLE Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The truck is more care like than truck. The suspension is soft and bottoms under heavy load. I've never attained the fuel economy declaired, only about 13 to 17 at best. It's been recalled once. The brakes have never been grippy enough. GM says the dashboard may go out at 70,000 miles and the stearing column center shaft went out twice. Now the left front wheel bearing is going out. The truck has not been abused!! I want to buy American but the quality needs to improve before that happens again! Most of the miles are highway miles with lite loads. The repairs have been very pricy. I purchased the truck new and there are only 39000 miles on it.

Very comfortable seats. The 5.3 engine is the best part and provides plenty of power and torque. The tires will probably last 50,000 miles and it's good looking.

The dashboard is cheap! The ride is too soft and their is not enough suspension under load. Way too many problems for the miles driven. Improve the durable quality. Make it tough and gritty. If you buy one figure on buying an extended warranty!

GMC Sierra Sharp and Long Lasting
By Jerry

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SLE Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have this truck four years now and not one problem. Mine is a sport side in black with added chrome. It looks and rides great. Instead of a heavy duty package, I have the easy ride suspension. It handles and feels great. On the open road it rides like a luxury car.

Very comfortable and has enough power with the small V8. Open road mileage near 20mpg.

None at this time.

GMC Kicks Butt
By BobbyL

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SLE Rwd LB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great truck for work or pleasure. it hauls heavy loads and trailers with ease, yet when unloaded it gets around like a sports car. very quick and little slip when taking off. Brakes way better than any Ford I've ever driven. Truck has all desired features including power windows/door locks. Stereo has no rattles at full volume. I get a lot of positive comments... Nice truck

Power options and nice stereo, including the cassette deck which is nice to have for educational classes.

Side view mirrors break easily. glass is not seated firmly in the casings.