Used 2000 GMC Sierra 1500 Consumer Reviews - 52 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

2000 GMC Sierra 1500 4 x 4
By Mike

2000 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I've had my truck for 6 years, and I still love it. It's been a great work truck, and has the comfort of driving a car. It's been great in both the snow and mud, and has never had a problem. It's definitely a keeper. The only thing that I wish is that I would have gotten the rear window defogger, and the 4th door.

Tons of power and a smooth comfortable ride that's great for long trips in the mountains.

A real leather back seat, and better gas mileage would be nice.

Great GMC truck z71
By lawrence forester

2000 GMC Sierra 1500 SL 3dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I loved this truck. It did everything I wanted it to do. The only reason I want to sell it is I am a realtor and need a car to show houses in.

Comfort. Heated seats. High view. Performance

Slowly falling apart
By jcat_70

2000 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I owned a 2000 GMC Sierra 1500 for 4 years. Although, I must say, the engine and trans were reliable, partly because I used Mobil 1 synth. oil and never beat on it. Other things with the truck started to fall apart, i.e., the ABS system would intermittently go off at less than 5mph on dry surfaces, the fuel gauge would start and stop working, the right side mirror was flopping around in the wind, the tailgate handle (plastic) broke off when opening the tailgate one day. The brakes were terrible - including the rotors and way too much distance was needed to stop. The driver's door lock got jammed and wouldn't lock no anymore. Power window linkage broke. Radio lights quit working. too much!

5.3L V8 engine with lots of power and very reliable.

Way better reliability on gadgets and accessories needed! Also, the throttle pedal would stick every year! That was very irritating.

Love It
By Taber

2000 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This vehicle has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. It is dependable and has had no problems since I purchased it.

Personally, I like the interior set up. Everything is close and easy to use.

Interior styling may be a little lacking.

Nice ride
By j byrd

2000 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

I love my truck, it has everything. The only problem I've had is the power window motors have both gone out and been replaced, and the 4 wd switch goes out and causes message board to read service 4 wd. Seems to be common problem according to dealer and other c/k 1500 owners. Other than that no problems. Gas mileage is not bad for the size of the truck. I figure 18 to 20 mpg, Hwy miles about 480 to tank, hwy & city I got about 454. It's a good looking truck. I get compliments on it all the time. I haven't done much to it, Stainless wheel to wheel nerf bars & tubular grill & soft snapless extreme tonneau cover, everything else stock.

Better power window motors, and should have been a recall on 4 wd switches