Used 1995 GMC Sierra 1500 Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

Thunder Rolls
By captainkaos

1995 GMC Sierra 1500 K1500 SLE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

95 Sierra Z-71 Extended cab. Owned it since day 1. Now has 263,000 miles on her. Has been in the shop 4 times in 14 years. No real major issues. If you take care of her, she will take care of you. I love this truck. Thought about trading her during cash for clunkers and test drove the F-150, Chevy Silverado and the Ram. They still didn't compare to her. My old gal still rode better and had the same or more power. Furthermore, the cost of a new truck is insane. I can buy half a house for the cost of a new truck. The Tundra was nice but 42k about killed me. They don't make them as solid as this one anymore. If you want a good dependable work horse, this is it. I think I'd cry if I sold her:(

Pretty much the whole package.

Stock stereo stinks. Cupholders stink. Needs a few more horsepower. Gas mileage is OK but could be better. Turning radius is terrible.

great truck!!!
By brent_hxc

1995 GMC Sierra 1500 C1500 SL 2dr Extended Cab LB

I bought this truck about 10 days a go with 150,000 I bought it in talala I drove it home which is about 70 mi (no pobs ever!) is fast and tows anything and every thing!. Its gets about 17 mpg and its not bad. And thats with a 350 5.7l and King cab. By Brent

its got a cool work lite.

more setting room in the back

never selling it
By bubba

1995 GMC Sierra 1500 K1500 SLE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

this truck is perfect for anyone looking for a dependable truck that you can make all the modifications you want. i have had a few problems (expected from a truck with 315000 miles on it) but nothing that can't be fixed yourself. the few problems i had were things that i thought were going to cost a fortune b/c of what the truck was doing. but they were not at all as bad as they seemed. if you are looking this truck is a trooper this is it, i backed in to a 03' cadillac cts it was $8000 of damage to it and all it did to my truck is push in the bumper.

100% truck
By tom galvin

1995 GMC Sierra 1500 C1500 SLT 2dr Extended Cab LB

Had 1995 GMC ext cab Sierra truck for 2 yrs now and love it. Tows almost everything, strong, safe. Got in accident, no damage crushed other cars fender. Looks nice, comfortable. Second row kinda compact. Drive it all around Atlanta and north Georgia for work. Fun to drive off road. No major problems, but a/c went out 1 year ago. Keyless entry, 20 mpg average, 4wheel drive capable, can see very well at night, good get up and go. GMC perfected the truck. I'm going to give it to my son in one year when he can drive and I'm going to miss not having it everyday.

Power window, all the bells and whistles, fun to drive. Makes a good effort to get around the slow lane

More comfortable back row seating, and hard to park in small spaces

No worries for high miles
By DeDub

1995 GMC Sierra 1500 K1500 SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought my GMC with 228,000 miles on
it, I did have some needed repairs that
needed to happen, but it was the most
fun, reliable, and just plain great car
I've ever owned. Even with the high
miles, all original engine, 6" lift and
35" tires, I was still getting great
milage, and tons of admiring looks.
I'd highly recommend GMC to any buyer.

I loved the new dash design which came in 1995. The controls were easy to use and read.

Improve the reliability/durability of the transmissions (expecting to replace them every 75K miles is silly), and the total efficiency of the engine.