2019 GMC Sierra 1500 Limited Review
Pros & Cons
- Strong V8 acceleration and towing ability
- Front seats are comfortable for long drives
- Cabin is pleasingly quiet at highway speeds
- Limited features and configurations compared to all-new model
- Ride quality isn't as smooth as that of other trucks
- Mediocre-quality cabin materials
List Price Range
$29,995 - $41,995
Used Sierra 1500 Limited for SaleSee all for sale
Which Sierra 1500 Limited does Edmunds recommend?
Selecting a trim for a pickup is typically an arduous task, but not for this one. There are only two trims available for the Sierra 1500 Limited. Cost-conscious shoppers will gravitate toward the base trim, but we think it's worth stepping up to the SLE for its additional basics, creature comforts and access to options. From there, select the SLE Value package for a power seat and tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel.
Edmunds' Expert Review
The 5.3-liter V8 is certainly a strong motor, and braking performance is good in this segment, but the Silverado's responsiveness and handling leave something to be desired. Competitors do it better.
The Sierra has the basics down with decent ride control, comfortable seats, and low road and wind noise. The climate control system also failed to keep the cabin cool during a stint in extreme heat.
Most of the interior is a study on how to do a truck interior correctly. The switches are big and easy to use, access is good, and there's plenty of space. Some options proved to be more annoying than helpful, and the inexplicable misalignment of the center of the steering wheel is a nagging annoyance.
If you can't haul a lot or store a lot, you're not doing the full-size truck game right. The Sierra Denali excels at both and proves useful for personal and professional needs.
While it's aesthetically pleasing and has a simple layout upfront, Chevrolet's MyLink system isn't our favorite. OnStar's included Wi-Fi is a strong point, though. There are no accident avoidance tech features available.
Features & Specs
Our experts like the Sierra 1500 Limited models:
- Assists in many types of situations via an on-call representative. OnStar will contact you when it detects an emergency.
- Electronic Stability Control
- Helps to keep the truck from sliding excessively in slippery conditions and attempts to correct its trajectory.
- Teen Driver
- Provides for customizable vehicle settings to monitor and accommodate a beginner driver's skill set.