Used 2000 GMC Jimmy Consumer Reviews - 65 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 GMC Jimmy

View reviews for a specific Jimmy model:

This is a lemon, buyer beware and read up
By dmills77

2000 GMC Jimmy SLE 4dr SUV

We have had nothing but problems with this car. Buyers need to really review what others are saying as they seem to have all similar issues. 4 wheel drive engages itself as you are driving. Heater issues, wiring issues, the list goes on and on. I will never buy a GMC again. Really do your research! Google the make, year and model and read up on them. I can't believe that some of these things that we are having problems with haven't been recalled its obviously issues many are having and over and over again once they are fixed. The worst car we have ever owned!

I do like the interior of the vehicle, nice room for all that are riding

My James
By judi

2000 GMC Jimmy SLE 4dr SUV

I love my SUV, have always loved sitting up a little higher than in a low sedan style. I bought this one used with 52000 m. on it. Had some trouble with electrical. Hubby thinks it went thru Katrina flood but I don't! It has suddenly quit after on a couple instances of long trips-always during hot season- just all electrical quit, had to call AAA once--another time just waited side of the road 1 or 2 minutes, and it started right up and ran ok. Seemed like when it heated up, air running, etc. it happened. No one could ever explain or figure out the problem. So, consequestly, I do not have the confidence I should have in this particular Jimmy. Always loved them before.

4WD. Great traction. Great looking SUV. Easy parking.

Visibility. Less noise.

Jimmy, OK!
By cardude1

2000 GMC Jimmy SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

The SUV is pretty good! Some things have gone bad on it like the ball joints and the catalytic converter is going bad right now but overall it is a good SUV!

4X4 is great and reliable. Never got stuck and I live in Wisconsin!

More power!

Beautiful
By Trena S.

2000 GMC Jimmy SLE 4dr SUV 4WD

I have owned my truck for a while now. I bought it used with fairly high mileage. All in all I am extremely impressed. The gas mileage could be better but the comfort and reliability make up for it by far. I have changed my oil every 2500 miles and havent had any real problem with it yet. I would reccommend this vehicle to anyone.

I like how even for an older model vehicle now, everything is still at your fingertips with the push of a button. Very convenient.

The only improvement I would reccommend is a stronger rear wiper motor. Jimmy's and the like, are known for this subtle yet a little costly, issue. Other than that I have no complaints.

Never again
By eb

2000 GMC Jimmy SLE 4dr SUV

Although I love the way this SUV looks it's been nothing but problems since buying it new. The hazard switch was replaced, 4 wheel drive speed sensor, rear main seal and oil pan gasket, pinion seal and now there is another oil leak in the front of the vehicle. This is the third Jimmy I've owned and will not purchase a GMC again since each one has had succeedingly more problems. This 2000 has been the worst for mechanical problems.

Looks great, handles well, comfortable to drive.

Mechanically has lots of problems